Torque Pro APP question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. This is my first post. I have a new to me 2016 Yukon XL SLT. I picked up a bluetooth OBD II sender and the Torque Pro App. I am trying to monitor TCC slip.

I can see and add the TCC slip gauge to my APP but the reading is always blank. Like it is not picking it up. Does anyone else have the TCC slip working for a 6l80? Did you have to use custom PIDs? Any tips you have would be appreciated.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I discovered that not all OBDii readers are created equal. I don't remember what my first one was but it was very limited. Luckily I managed to lose it and was all prepared to buy a really expensive one. I searched online and found reviews that pointed me to a really cheap one that's way more capable.

OP
OP
R

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not in love with the obd2 dongle I have. It doesn't have a switch so the light ways stays on. I'll order a different one and see if that works. I am still in the return window on the first one.

OP
OP
R

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok just scrolling Amazon it's hard to know.
Does anyone have a link to an obd2 do gle that they can confirm reads tcc slip on a 2016 ish Yukon? I'd prefer one.that shuts off when the truck powers down but I can always buy a switched extension

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. This is my first post. I have a new to me 2016 Yukon XL SLT. I picked up a bluetooth OBD II sender and the Torque Pro App. I am trying to monitor TCC slip.

I can see and add the TCC slip gauge to my APP but the reading is always blank. Like it is not picking it up. Does anyone else have the TCC slip working for a 6l80? Did you have to use custom PIDs? Any tips you have would be appreciated.
I've been thinking about looking at the same thing. I have come across a master list before and was able to select some seldom used sensors to watch but they are not always active or should I say, constantly being updated. My vehicle is also the previous generation.

Next time out I'll take a look. Ken might know as well. @kbuskill

Reaction score
I have the OBDLink MX+ adapter which is pretty expensive now, but when I bought it a few years ago it was less then $100. It shuts down after a few minutes of the car shutting off. I don't know about the TCC slip as I've never looked for that, but I can look later today.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Reaction score
I added the built in TCC slip gauge that Torque Pro app comes with and it just read 0. I'm not sure what the PID # is or if the header just needs to be changed in the "modify PID parameters" or what.

I do know with my BT Dieselworks AutoSync I can bring up the slip reading in the DIC and it also shows whether the converter is locked or unlocked

OP
OP
R

rjm20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I added the built in TCC slip gauge that Torque Pro app comes with and it just read 0. I'm not sure what the PID # is or if the header just needs to be changed in the "modify PID parameters" or what.

I do know with my BT Dieselworks AutoSync I can bring up the slip reading in the DIC and it also shows whether the converter is locked or unlocked
Thanks for looking. I have an old scangauge that would show the slip on my 07 Silverado. I tried it on the Yukon and it does not work. I am trying to avoid the $100+ sending unit when the $23 one I have works for everything else.

I am thinking of modifying an extension cable to power the power lead from a switched power source. Or just leaving it always on... Don't know how much effort it's worth to have it turn off.