Tool to disable tpms all together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the case just put a piece of black tape over the light and DRIVE ON!

P.S. I can't take credit for that fix. I got it from a book of redneck fixes. I made a little adjustment to it though. I substituted "black" tape for "duct" tape. But I think it still works...

LOL! I did that last year. Works great! Looked behind the tape last week and the light was off! LOL!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to order that TPMS simulator so I don't have to buy another set of sensors.

I do a visual check of my truck daily, so I'll know if a tire is low or not.

To hell you say? :confused: You don't need an idiot light to tell you you have a low frappin tire? o_O

:D :thumbsup:

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To hell you say? :confused: You don't need an idiot light to tell you you have a low frappin tire? o_O

:D :thumbsup:

Yeah if you're to lazy to do a daily walk around of your vehicle, well you should not be driving IMO

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah if you're to lazy to do a daily walk around of your vehicle, well you should not be driving IMO
They have their place. I appreciate having them on my Silverado for sure. Damn billets have a reputation for getting corrosion around the bead and with these stretched tires it’s hard to see if they lost air. It’s saved my ass a few times. But I’m kinda glad they’re not on my 02. image.jpg

Bill Barnes

Reaction score
I just had the 3rd set of TPMS sensors installed in September 2020 when I bought new tires for my 2005 Yukon XL at 185K miles. When I replaced the sensors in 2012 when one of them failed, the system reset automatically after about 3 miles of driving. When I bought the new tires in September 2020, the tech said he wasn't sure they would be able to reset the system, but when I picked up the truck, he said they were able to reset it. The sensors have batteries in them, and they die just like any battery does. Rockauto.com has new AC Delco sensors for my 2005 Yukon for $33.79, and they are programmed already.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
You still have to tell the system which are which (left front, RF,RR,LR), so you either need to do the procedure in the book or use a tool

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how it works out. AFAIK @Jolly Roger is the only other member who has one and it seems he had some messing around he had to do. Hopefully he’ll chime in.
Sorry to be so late to the party, but my TPMS delete setup is still going strong! I hardwired mine and put the control board in a new project box that also houses the 12v to 5v step down unit. I had one occurrence last year that it lost signal and threw a light on my dash but after resetting it Ive had no problems. Being in a very cold climate (-30) Ive really put it through the paces. Best thing Ive done! Thinking about buying another unit from the guy to rob parts out of. His unit runs off of a rechargeable battery and id housed in a home printed box.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be so late to the party, but my TPMS delete setup is still going strong! I hardwired mine and put the control board in a new project box that also houses the 12v to 5v step down unit. I had one occurrence last year that it lost signal and threw a light on my dash but after resetting it Ive had no problems. Being in a very cold climate (-30) Ive really put it through the paces. Best thing Ive done! Thinking about buying another unit from the guy to rob parts out of. His unit runs off of a rechargeable battery and id housed in a home printed box.
Better late than never! Thanks for the update Brandon. How about a link to where you detailed how you modified yours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909