Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz , you need to mount that relay block properly. It is supposed to clip on UNDER the fuse box cover. You need to remove that corner fender brace, then lift off the fuse block cover by unclipping it. Once you get it off, you should basically SEE where the relay block clips in by the shape of it.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz , you need to mount that relay block properly. It is supposed to clip on UNDER the fuse box cover. You need to remove that corner fender brace, then lift off the fuse block cover by unclipping it. Once you get it off, you should basically SEE where the relay block clips in by the shape of it.
Here you go, I found some pics from when I installed mine. This is how it should look after you lift off the fuse block cover. And the the relays literally clip right on. The red power wire should run UNDER the fuse block to the main power stud on the front end of the fuse block, towards the battery. It should be the same power stud that the fuse block power feed is connected to. Technically it's not an actual stud, it's a 8mm bolt that actually screws down into the end of the fuse block. I do NOT have a picture of that though, sorry. I'll update if I can get you a picture.

Attachments

• DSC03136.jpg
    DSC03136.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC03138.jpg
    DSC03138.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here you go, I found some pics from when I installed mine. This is how it should look after you lift off the fuse block cover. And the the relays literally clip right on. The red power wire should run UNDER the fuse block to the main power stud on the front end of the fuse block, towards the battery. It should be the same power stud that the fuse block power feed is connected to. Technically it's not an actual stud, it's a 8mm bolt that actually screws down into the end of the fuse block. I do NOT have a picture of that though, sorry. I'll update if I can get you a picture.
Hopefully I'll be able to get this mounted correctly. The dirty Hoe never, EVER wants to cooperate. Nothing is ever easy lol.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So I finally swapped to my winter wheels setup. Cold and windy AF, but I wanted to do it before any snow comes--since my rear tires are a "little low on tread" lol.
Anyway, I had seen the rr parking brake cables weren't routed correctly, so I figured I'd fix them. Gave it a shot--the cables were way to stiff to swing them around. Tried removing the lower shock bolt, didn't work either. I said screw it. As I was looking at that, I saw this20231128_150411.jpg
Anybody see it? Good thing I was under there. When the "mechanic" swapped out the rear--besides not routing the parking brake cables correctly, he left my rear brake line too close to the bump stop and cup, so every time I'd hit a dip or bump it was being pinched between the frame and cup/bump stop. That's quality work right there. Just confirms what I already know--No one gives a damn about your stuff except for you.
Also saw this. This is the ds. I knew the boot was torn already. At least this part of the truck will never rust.20231128_144602.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I finally swapped to my winter wheels setup. Cold and windy AF, but I wanted to do it before any snow comes--since my rear tires are a "little low on tread" lol.
Anyway, I had seen the rr parking brake cables weren't routed correctly, so I figured I'd fix them. Gave it a shot--the cables were way to stiff to swing them around. Tried removing the lower shock bolt, didn't work either. I said screw it. As I was looking at that, I saw thisView attachment 415194
Anybody see it? Good thing I was under there. When the "mechanic" swapped out the rear--besides not routing the parking brake cables correctly, he left my rear brake line too close to the bump stop and cup, so every time I'd hit a dip or bump it was being pinched between the frame and cup/bump stop. That's quality work right there. Just confirms what I already know--No one gives a damn about your stuff except for you.
Also saw this. This is the ds. I knew the boot was torn already. At least this part of the truck will never rust.View attachment 415193
I assume a new axle is on your list of to-dos in the future? Dont wanna leave that like that for too terribly long. The corrosion will play havoc eventually.

And you seem to have a real group of awful mechanics in your neck of the woods LOL

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I assume a new axle is on your list of to-dos in the future? Dont wanna leave that like that for too terribly long. The corrosion will play havoc eventually.

And you seem to have a real group of awful mechanics in your neck of the woods LOL
Lol, "mechanics"--sure. I've changed this axle probably 3 times already--myself. Might be at a bad angle because I lowered it.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like for some reason that driver's side CV boot is a constant problem. I think Advance Auto has a lifetime warranty on their axles, price is not bad.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, "mechanics"--sure. I've changed this axle probably 3 times already--myself. Might be at a bad angle because I lowered it.
It's not the angle. It's the shit boots they use and when I have to replace another one, I'm buying gm. I didn't get 30k miles out of the one on the drivers side. The originals i replaced as "preventative maintenance" had 200k on them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msp2640