Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the oil changed today, I was 8 miles overdue!
I was checking out the underside while it was in the air. Salt is really taking a toll.View attachment 229239 View attachment 229240 View attachment 229241
I see how this is gonna end up.View attachment 229242
Also got my fake cat tacked up.View attachment 229243
No more rattling.

Get that rocker rust fixed before it gets worse, I’ve got to do both sides on mine the driver side is worse then the passenger side, might want to replace those parking brake backing plates they look like they are starting to rot out, don’t want to need them one day and have nothing happen when you try to engage them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Get that rocker rust fixed before it gets worse, I’ve got to do both sides on mine the driver side is worse then the passenger side, might want to replace those parking brake backing plates they look like they are starting to rot out, don’t want to need them one day and have nothing happen when you try to engage them

Thx. My parking brake hasn't worked in over 4 yrs--or probably more.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx. My parking brake hasn't worked in over 4 yrs--or probably more.

If the cables are good it could just be that on these trucks those backing plates tend to rot out then crap gets in the parking brake shoes and they no longer work, if you replace them don’t get the ones that are 2 piece the OEM ones take longer to install but they last longer

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the cables are good it could just be that on these trucks those backing plates tend to rot out then crap gets in the parking brake shoes and they no longer work, if you replace them don’t get the ones that are 2 piece the OEM ones take longer to install but they last longer

Yup. The shoes fell off mine a couple months ago. That was an unexpected and interesting noise.. [emoji15] replacement wasn’t cheap either. They’re a PITA to replace.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. The shoes fell off mine a couple months ago. That was an unexpected and interesting noise.. [emoji15] replacement wasn’t cheap either. They’re a PITA to replace.

Yup gotta pull the axles if you go with the OEM backing plates, those 2 piece ones you just cut the old one out and install them but they are so thin and ******

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Lol the pads on my parking brakes literally fell off the backing plate a few years ago. Haven’t replaced them yet lol
Actually the parking brake shoe is new. I had problems trying to adjust it, so I said screw it. It's the oem style--shaped like a horse shoe--also the screw that held it in place broke--double screw it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn

Latest posts