Tire size recommendation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GroceryRunnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_6862.jpeg

I’ve got a Cognito motor sports kit…
3” Up front and added a 2” rear coil spacer.

Tires are Toyo RT 295/70/17
The only time I have some rubbing up front is at full lock driving either up or down a slope

Kerronic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 407845

I’ve got a Cognito motor sports kit…
3” Up front and added a 2” rear coil spacer.

Tires are Toyo RT 295/70/17
The only time I have some rubbing up front is at full lock driving either up or down a slope
Looking to do this kit. Have you flexed it out much? Do you get much rubbing? Just trying to decide how much more tire I can fit. Currently running 275-70-17

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely worth it, it is a Dirt King mid travel setup, I also have the 2.5 piggyback resi’s in the rear. Rides way better than stock did.
Can you measure from the center of your wheel to the fender lip front and back?

I have 275/65/18 so measuring from the ground will not be apples to apples. But I’m curious as to ride heights.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest a tire diameter around 33" with the +2" level kit installed. 34" diameter would be pushing it and possibly rub on rear of FRONT wheel well.
I think 285-295 is a nice width, especially given you're running the more aggressive tires.
The 33" tires also save you on weight compared to the current 12.50s. At least you have the 3.42 gearing with the z71 trim, that will help with the heavier tires.

Last edited:

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you measure from the center of your wheel to the fender lip front and back?

I have 275/65/18 so measuring from the ground will not be apples to apples. But I’m curious as to ride heights.

Sorry for the late reply, I had my wife measure from hub center to bottom of fender and both my front and rear are at 26” hopefully that’s about right haha, I can recheck in a few weeks when I am back home again.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 33s on my 2013 with a leveling kit not even close to rubbing at full lock

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always suggest falken wildpeaks can't sing enough praises about those tires. Pirelli scorpion ats are good too but pricey.

GroceryRunnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to do this kit. Have you flexed it out much? Do you get much rubbing? Just trying to decide how much more tire I can fit. Currently running 275-70-17
Hey! Not sure why im
Just getting the notification for your question now lol.

TBH I haven't done much wheeling with this rig. Have done a few fire roads which have been primarily flat. What I can say is that there is some slight rubbing at full lock when coming out/into a steep driveway. I have not modified the fenders whatsoever... so in a daily commute (in the city) I hardly ever experience any issues.

I really do want a set of 35s to fill her in more. I'm just too lazy to put in that extra fender work. I've had a modded Ram 2500 and most recently a Gen 2 Raptor, so any additional work in the Hoe isn't as thrilling

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased a 2015 Tahoe Z71 about a year ago. It has a 2” leveling kit on the front.

The Tahoe came with 33x12.5xr18LT Terra Hunter X/T tires.

These tires rub very badly and are more aggressive that what I care for.

Any recommendations on tires (size) that won’t rub as bad, are less aggressive but still look good. And aren’t quite as loud.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have the 2018 tahoe z71 version with the front leveled, I run Toyo OC at3 295/55/20's (32.8x11.6) on xd820 20x9 0mm offset and I LOVE this setup! To answer questions on sizes and take the guesswork out of choosing the right setup, I recommend tiresize.com and wheel-size.com.
To add: I put 76,000 miles on the first set of these tires with tread leftover! I will NEVER choose another tire for this vehicle, period!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n