Tire Recomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to sure about tires. Need some help. Would like something that handles good in rain and normal sunny weather. Wears good also. What do you guys use or recommend? Its for my 05 Tahoe, lowered.

Thinking about a 275/45/20. Toyo/falken/ ???

Has 285/50/20, but they are kind of big. Ive searched around on here, but mostly found for 4x4's.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the best size is for a 20" wheel, but if I were you, I'd be lloking for the cheapest, highest milage tire, because every tire made for a 20" wheel is going to have good performance ratings.

Last edited:

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Nitto 420s. I've heard good things about them and I know there's a few people on here that run them.

If it were me I would run a 50 series tire, 45 is a bit small but that's me.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire Rack has some of the best prices around.

OP
OP
Tahoewhat

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would recommend the Nitto 420s. I've heard good things about them and I know there's a few people on here that run them.

If it were me I would run a 50 series tire, 45 is a bit small but that's me.

Ive heard some alright things about those nittos. They are on the list. Im not ordering online, a friend is getting them for me for his cost. But i just have to pick a tire and tell him.

Im thinking of a 45 series b/c im lowered pretty good. I got 50 on now, its fine, just a little big.

i like to check out tirerack.com. They show what people rate them. Check out a tire and click surveys.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=275/&ratio=45&diameter=20&x=42&y=4

Ive been checking them out and finally found the surveys, reviews thing. lol.

What do you guys use? Run? Right now there is something called Maurader? on mine. Never heard of them.

Has anyone heard of Sunny tires? Found some on craigslist brand new for a decent price?

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sunny are real cheap, never heard how they are. I hear good things on nexen tires.
I have pirelli p zero neros, so far I like them. Handle the same to me wet or dry and are quiet.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run on everything from Pirelli, to Toyo, to Nitto, to Goodyear, etc. etc. Now I run Nankang. It's in the same league as Suny and Nexan. Basically, they're "The little guys" over there (Japan). They have the same quailty & Ride, and in some cases, they are made by the manufacturers of the name brands. I can't remember right now, but one of the little guys is owned by one of the big guys and they actually are the same tire. We typically don't see them over here, because very few people import them, which is likely due to people not trusting a "name". I can't say that I have analyzed and compared the compounds, but from my experience, a Nankang performs just as well as the most expensive (comparable) tire I've had the pleasure of riding on. This is exactly why I decided to educate myself on the tire itself. If you know what you're looking for in a tire, it doesn't matter who makes it. All that matters are the specs, and the price. Know what performance you want out of it. Tread ratings: Speed, Milage, Performace. Then get the cheapest thing that fits your needs. My 2cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84