Tire Question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My favorite part of my research was the custom offsets AT reviews where he said all of their dads run ko2s. Lol. After TONS of reading/watching, I decided the ATX is the new ko2.

My oh my, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Look at the treads on that new General tire, almost a mirror image from 3 feet away! Looks like after 2 years the KO2s are no longer king of the hill, their numbers are down on Tire Rack compared with early 2017.

KO2 is still a more handsome tire though! So there!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My oh my, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Look at the treads on that new General tire, almost a mirror image from 3 feet away! Looks like after 2 years the KO2s are no longer king of the hill, their numbers are down on Tire Rack compared with early 2017.

KO2 is still a more handsome tire though! So there!

They really are a total copycat. Lol. It's the silica compound (duragen), I think that got me. It's said they wear like iron. Also studdable (not that I'll ever use it), and the $100 rebate didn't hurt. With that and tirebuyer coupon codes I landed at $173 each including mount/balance/disposal. I could resist no longer.

Not so sure about more handsome once my red paint mark.....errr.....hp maker... gets to them!

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just put mine on yesterday, so my first hand testing is yet to come, but I did ALOT of research and I ended up with the new General Grabber ATX. (275/70/18). They are heavy, LT, E range tires, but are M&S, 3 peak, and studdable. Not tons of reviews out there yet, but enough to satisfy my OCD purchasing requirements. Check em out.

View attachment 233924
How are you liking these so far?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
How are you liking these so far?

So far so good. The shop said easy to balance. I've yet to align :oops:...but will have my buddy check the Tirebuyer's "installer" balancing to verify when he aligns.

No road noise to speak of. A little "siren" kind of sound with all 4 windows down accelerating from a stop or turn, but man, they're quiet.

Haven't had any real snow, but the little we did get, they were great. Couple rains, with 0 traction loss. They look pretty mean in person, too.

I cranked the keys a touch more and will settle them for final measurements and then align in the next week(ish).

Also will add some red for HP gains to make up for the mpg loss ( approaching -2).

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far so good. The shop said easy to balance. I've yet to align :oops:...but will have my buddy check the Tirebuyer's "installer" balancing to verify.

No road noise to speak of. A little "siren" kind of sound with all 4 windows down accelerating from a stop or turn, but man, they're quiet.

Haven't had any real snow, but the little we did get, they were great. Couple rains, with 0 traction loss. They look pretty mean in person, too.

I cranked the keys a touch more and will settle them for final measurements and then align in the next week(ish).

Also will add some red for HP gains to make up for the mpg loss ( approaching -2).

Thinking about pulling the trigger on my pickup and the Grabbers are in my short list. A couple places around here are having some buy 3 get 1 free Black Friday deals. One has a deal right now, before T-Giving, if you buy 4 Cooper Discovery AT/3’s you get a free Yeti cooler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE