Tire Pressure Sensor 09 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

szyg6h

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LF sensor indicated bad on DIC. 80,000 miles
Need to decide if I should replace all or just the one.
I've heard from dealer and Firestone that if one goes, they will all go soon.
I've also heard to just replace the one, that they all don't go after one.
What say you?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LF sensor indicated bad on DIC. 80,000 miles
Need to decide if I should replace all or just the one.
I've heard from dealer and Firestone that if one goes, they will all go soon.
I've also heard to just replace the one, that they all don't go after one.
What say you?
If you’re on a tight budget, replacing one is easy and you can do it at home. But if you’re going to have a shop do it, might as well replace all 4 and be done with it. The main benefit to doing all of them at the same time is that you won’t be in a pattern of one going bad every several months and playing whack a mole.

doc5339

Reaction score
Replace them all if you plan on keeping it and like the TPMS functionality or can't stand the TPMS warning light being "on." Even if you want to sell it, nobody wants to buy a vehicle with dash warning lights on.

I replaced all 4 TPMS with AC Delco 19393804 from Summit Racing at approximately 153k miles.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While folks have made good points for replacing all 4 TPMS sensors at one time, I respectfully disagree, as I would replace them one at a time as needed. I've owned my truck for 4 years, and I replaced 1 TPMS sensor 2 years ago, and the other 3 are still working.

But, the choice is yours.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has been through 10 sensors plus the 4 on it now since new in 2009.

When we put new tires on back in 2017, the old ones were left on and soon two of them went bad. Replaced them and then a month or so later the other two went. So those four lasted almost seven years and died between 100K and 105K miles. New ones are almost seven years now as well, one of them acted up for a moment several years ago and again the other day. Of course, I replaced the tires in November and kept the old ones on again! LOL

OP
OP
S

szyg6h

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While folks have made good points for replacing all 4 TPMS sensors at one time, I respectfully disagree, as I would replace them one at a time as needed. I've owned my truck for 4 years, and I replaced 1 TPMS sensor 2 years ago, and the other 3 are still working.

But, the choice is yours.
In that 07? How many miles when you replaced one, how many miles now?
Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that 07? How many miles when you replaced one, how many miles now?
Thanks
This truck was new to me 4 years ago, so I have no history of TPMS replacements prior to my ownership. I've got ~10,000 miles on the TPMS that I replaced.

me88

Reaction score
If you’re on a tight budget, replacing one is easy and you can do it at home...
How would that work, out of curiosity? I thought you need to dismount the tire completely to get the sensor out.

doc5339

Reaction score
How would that work, out of curiosity? I thought you need to dismount the tire completely to get the sensor out.
Deflate tire removing valve stem Schrader, use a piece of wood to break the bead by stepping on wood with tire flat on ground. Unscrew TPMS and Valve Stem, replace and secure. Reinstall Schrader valve and re-inflate tire.

Lots of guys do it on YouTube, looks like a PITA to me. Tire shop can handle easily for low cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia