Time for brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, took SuperOldSchool's advice and had the Tahoe brakes inspected. Had the old brake fluid removed from reservoir and new fluid added. Then all four corners were drained till the new fluid showed and the reservoir was topped off. Rotors and pads were examined again by my super mechanic and he said the front rotors and pads were in amazingly good condition but the back pads would need to be replaced in 20-30K miles. Though the back rotors looked great, he suggested we might need new ones, maybe when we replaced the pads. Had the throttle body removed and cleaned. Had the differential fluid changed out and although it was discolored somewhat, there was no metal in the bottom of the diff or in the old fluid. Had a new battery connection put on the positive cable and he noticed around the positive terminal there was "swelling and weeping", which was causing the corrosion I had complained about. Took the Tahoe to the dealership today (10/12) who put it in the last week of December, 2017, and they put a brand new one in today for no charge.

$206 charged by my mechanic and N/C by the dealership. Great service both places.

Last edited:

SuperOldSchool

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good price!

Now you have peace of mind knowing your systems are clean and in good working order. Good for many more happy miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick