Time for a new rear end, SF 14 Bolt swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the rear end of my truck randomly got very load and bangey the other day went I was driving off base. Came back and pulled the diff cover to find this.

So now it is time for axle swap to SF 14 Bolt.
Looking at an early 90s SF 14 Bolt out of a 4x4 1500.
I have searched around but there isn't much definite info on here..What exactly do you need to modify/do/buy to fully do this swap?

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All you need is the conversion u joint. It's a pretty straight forward swap. Good luck finding a 14 sf though.

OP
OP
newmarketeod

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are all over the place up here, the local JY has like 4 I believe, at $300 a pop. I was going to just replace it with another 10-bolt but it is the same price to get the SF 14.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
You guys are soo lucky that you can pull them out of all the older pickups. For the NBS trucks it has to come out of an H2 and is over $1500

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are all over the place up here, the local JY has like 4 I believe, at $300 a pop. I was going to just replace it with another 10-bolt but it is the same price to get the SF 14.

That's cool man, the full floaters are a dime a dozen down here but the semi floats are a needle in the haystack, and when you find one they wanna charge you 500 bucks for a piece of junk.

OP
OP
newmarketeod

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the part number for the U-joint I need? Going to be doing this when I get back from JRTC.
Ohh and you guys can hate me, picked up the axle for $50.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
new U bolts too since the housing is a larger diameter. I have hear some people need to addd a proportioning valve to the rear brakes t tone them down a bit since they are a larger diameter as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts