14 bolt rear end swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Has anyone completed or done a 14 bolt rear end swap out of a Escalade or Denali? My buddy who’s got the parts Escalade said I could have the rear end out of it I just wanted to see if it was a direct swap or if I had to modify any brake lines mounting or u joints to make it work from what I Believe it should be a direct swap minus the u joints maybe? Thanks for any input cominging out a 10 Escalade going in a 07 tahoe

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Direct swap. Unbolt the old one disconnect brake lines and electrical connectors, slide in the Denali rear, reconnect. Should be an easy 2 hr job if the ratios are the same…
Thanks man I thought so Mine is fine I’m gunna gear and build this one to eventually swap in but wanted to jump on it since it’s a clean 100k mile rear end for only a couple hundred

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am wondering about something....I have brand new park brake assemblies and calipers and pads and lines and and and....on my rear diff. Does all that change over whe I would do the rear diff to a 14 bolt. I would think so but since we have a thread open and I have been curious for a while, I thought I would ask.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Wanting to run 4.10s front and rear with a locker and a nice differential cover & make some panhard bar spacers so I can run the mag hytec cover
Gunna rob the front differential too so I can rebuild it that way I can put everything in at once without down time of the vehicle.
Maybe @Dantheman1540 can chime in and answer my question.
Most of them are 6 lug so I would assume so as long as the calipers are the same size? I’ve only seen 2500 suburbans with the 8 lug wheels that’s why I’ve been shooting for the Denali and Escalade rear ends because I diddnt want to have to change out any axles or use wheels adapters

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
I am wondering about something....I have brand new park brake assemblies and calipers and pads and lines and and and....on my rear diff. Does all that change over whe I would do the rear diff to a 14 bolt. I would think so but since we have a thread open and I have been curious for a while, I thought I would ask.
57EBFF56-E0E3-48F6-B592-485807C1E427.png