Throttle Body Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if only they made fart cans for big blocks...I hear those are like 20hp and an inch or two in your pants...
maybe a huge wing for the back lift gate?? those really snag the ladies

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any YouTube vids of the stupid whistling sound,lol. I wanna hear it!!!!!!!

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay a throttle body spacer along with all that other intake upgrades increases your engines volumetric effieciency (you engines ability to move air) anything to increase volumetric effiecency is good as long as you have a larger higher flowing exhaust out the back end or you are cause all that extra airflow coming in is getting bottlenecked out the back if you just have a factory exhaust
to put in simple dont bother spending all kinds of money on aaftermarket intake stuff unless you have an higherflowing aftermarket exhaust

Last edited:
OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TBSs and intakes do not increase volumetric efficiency, they actually remove it. They increase total system efficiency by removing intake restriction, which does not effect the volumetric efficiency.

TBSs don't offer any enhancement on 96+ engines.

Sent from a jelly bean.

Last edited:

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay i dont want to start a pissing contest just a friendly conversation but
from my understanding part of increasing volumetric efficency is removing any kind of intake restriction ?
side note
from what im reading forced induction actuallly gives you the best vol. met. eff. as long as you got a larger exhaust

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBS don't do anything. The intake use's tuned intake runners. They are a certain length. Moving the TB 3/4" doesn't effect the length of the runners. You cant change the ve of the engine that way. It would need to be done through tuning, piston's, camshaft, valve size, rocker ratio, BOOST! these things will change the ve.....TBS=gimmick, kind of like magnets on a fuel line.

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
okay i dont want to start a pissing contest just a friendly conversation but
from my understanding part of increasing volumetric efficency is removing any kind of intake restriction ?
side note
from what im reading forced induction actuallly gives you the best vol. met. eff. as long as you got a larger exhaust

No worries. Volumetric efficiency actually occurs after the throttle body. Anything before that, just limits the manifold pressure. Power gains come from reducing vacuum in the intake manifold.

Stock exhausts flow pretty well as is, I'm running ~10lbs of boost through my TVS2300 on my Denali. Both the stock exhaust and the Corsa perform the same.

Sent from a jelly bean.

dianaluther

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I feel that with the six speeds, 3.42 is all that could possibly be needed to truly get it hurrying while as of now keeping some similarity of economy in high apparatus. 3.73's in a six velocity is what might as well be called 4.10 or better in a four rate.

Tyler879

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone ever converted a 01 Yukon 5.3 with standard vacuum brake booster to hydro boost