Throttle Body Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

Reaction score
i would like to add to this....

I believe you can find a TB spacer for about $40 if you shop hard for one.

for a mear $20 (HALF THE PRICE) i will add the same amount of power to your truck. here is how it works, you send me $20, i will then send you a picture of my truck you can put in your dashboard, not only does this thing add the same HP as the TB Spacer, but it is certain to up the coolness factor of your truck but a staggering 10%

can you photoshop your truck yellow? I hear from the Integra type R crowd that Yellow adds 5+ HP :mexsmoke:

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
lmao. yeah get a Tune I would use Black Bear but I hadent found this site when I got mine I Love Mine tho its from thunder Racing. There is also Nelson Performance too.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
you guys just saved me some cash... i've been thinking of getting a TBS but have debating on it after researching the internet and asking a few other people. i've still got the 5.3L stock except for an intake but i'm looking to beef it up now..

jpaeltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a friend put a TBS in and it caused all sort of problems with ideling, etc.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are a few good tuners out there if you search around, but Justin and Jenna are very involved and are VERY customer oriented. They are great about answering questions, they are always very informative while tuning.... Justin does GREAT work with these trucks man, I would recomend BB to anyone and everyone who is looking into a custom PCM tune. I dont know how Justin finds the time to take such good care of his customers, but he does

BB is the way to go

X10. The thing I like about BB is that with lots of other tuners, you send them the info on your truck, engine size, tranny, mods, etc and they tune for say a generic 2000 Tahoe with a CAI, 'Vette servo, shift kit, and 265/75 tires etc. With Justin if you do the full tune he sends you the parts to plug directly into your ride, you then take a drive with a laptop hooked up and it stores data SPECIFIC TO YOUR VEHICLE, and lets face it, every 2000 Tahoe with a 5.3 is not the same. He even diagnosed a slight air leak in my intake manifold gasket from half way across the nation and never seeing my truck. So instead of having a tune for a generic 2K '** with the 5.3, CAI,'Vette servo etc, I have a tune for exactly how those things are running in MY 2k '** with the 5.3 etc.. Black Bear FTW.

KrautBurner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my TB spacer is good for a little over 100HP at the rear wheels in current setup (came with the parts to make it good for 250rwhp)

http://nitrousoutlet.com/catalog/product.asp?category=35&section=51&group=187&product=993

img.asp

Reaction score
Throttle body spacers are completely pointless, a waste of money, good for nothing except making the stupid whistling sound... but, ive had one one all my trucks lol

i also heard that a better upgrade than a TBS would be new muffler bearings and brake light fluid. guess they add about 10-15 hp a piece? anyone have any experience with this?

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The difficulty with the muffler bearings is two fold, first you need to get the right ones, there are some real crap ones out there, then you need to have someone that knows what they are doing install them, you don't wanna tackle it on your own. Then of course if you have a custom tune you need to get it re-tuned too. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wish I could afford them for my ride, it's just that you gotta be careful, but then, hey, anything worth having is worth the extra trouble, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts