Throttle Body Spacers

Discussion in 'Performance' started by JennaBear, May 24, 2009.

Sponsored By: Black Bear Performance
  1. Toadster

Toadster Member

Name:
    Todd
    can you photoshop your truck yellow? I hear from the Integra type R crowd that Yellow adds 5+ HP :mexsmoke:

2. Z-56 Hoe

Z-56 Hoe What do I do????

Name:
    Michael
    lmao. yeah get a Tune I would use Black Bear but I hadent found this site when I got mine I Love Mine tho its from thunder Racing. There is also Nelson Performance too.

3. STEALTH

STEALTH Full Access Member

Name:
    Hudson
    haha i wish black added hp lamo :signs8:

4. 01TX_Tahoe

01TX_Tahoe Semper Fi

Name:
    Jesse
    you guys just saved me some cash... i've been thinking of getting a TBS but have debating on it after researching the internet and asking a few other people. i've still got the 5.3L stock except for an intake but i'm looking to beef it up now..

5. jpaeltz

jpaeltz Full Access Member

Name:
    J
    Had a friend put a TBS in and it caused all sort of problems with ideling, etc.

6. withac

withac Full Access Member

Name:
    Brandon
    X10. The thing I like about BB is that with lots of other tuners, you send them the info on your truck, engine size, tranny, mods, etc and they tune for say a generic 2000 Tahoe with a CAI, 'Vette servo, shift kit, and 265/75 tires etc. With Justin if you do the full tune he sends you the parts to plug directly into your ride, you then take a drive with a laptop hooked up and it stores data SPECIFIC TO YOUR VEHICLE, and lets face it, every 2000 Tahoe with a 5.3 is not the same. He even diagnosed a slight air leak in my intake manifold gasket from half way across the nation and never seeing my truck. So instead of having a tune for a generic 2K 'Ho with the 5.3, CAI,'Vette servo etc, I have a tune for exactly how those things are running in MY 2k 'Ho with the 5.3 etc.. Black Bear FTW.

7. KrautBurner

KrautBurner Full Access Member

Name:
    Russ
  8. KillerBrandHoe

KillerBrandHoe Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Throttle body spacers are completely pointless, a waste of money, good for nothing except making the stupid whistling sound... but, ive had one one all my trucks lol

i also heard that a better upgrade than a TBS would be new muffler bearings and brake light fluid. guess they add about 10-15 hp a piece? anyone have any experience with this?

9. tybardy

tybardy everyone needs a Hoe

Name:
    Ty
    little roid rage right there!

10. withac

withac Full Access Member

Name:
    Brandon
    The difficulty with the muffler bearings is two fold, first you need to get the right ones, there are some real crap ones out there, then you need to have someone that knows what they are doing install them, you don't wanna tackle it on your own. Then of course if you have a custom tune you need to get it re-tuned too. I mean, don't get me wrong, I wish I could afford them for my ride, it's just that you gotta be careful, but then, hey, anything worth having is worth the extra trouble, right?