Throttle body coolant line question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is it worth bypassing on these trucks?

So now I'm confused....
I think that you have a 2000 Escalade, which uses the vortec motor.

Vortec have there injection down stream of the TB so They have no coolant passages on the TB.

So if the TB in a vortec which you have doesn't have coolant lines, which ones are you refering to?

I'm not trying to be a dumbass, just trying to figure stuff out for myself.

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Someone needs a bath.:)

What? No way!
That's my Krown undercoating hard at work right there!
I pay each year for that!

Some of us don't live in Sunshine States. :D

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
coolant lines are for Throttle Body Injection with injectors on the body itself . engines 1995 and older.

I had to seriously had to look that up about your rust inhibiter. Thought you were pulling my breaker bar there for a moment. Forgot you were in Canada.

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The northern areas of north america will actually slowly eat your rig from the day you buy it....

As for the coolant lines, I guess you could bypass it, and you might get a little power from it. Just remember to reconnect it in the winter time. Especially if you have a CAI, it will most likely ice over, and you will not have fun with that!

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now I'm confused....
I think that you have a 2000 Escalade, which uses the vortec motor.

Correct

So if the TB in a vortec which you have doesn't have coolant lines, which ones are you refering to?

I'm not trying to be a dumbass, just trying to figure stuff out for myself.

Now I feel like a dumbass, I read somewhere to block off the hose. Home recovering from surgery I didnt look under the hood. :(

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

I will be the first one to admitt im a newb when it comes to these trucks.....so does coolant run through the TB or not?

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE! This thread was a total effin waste of everyone's time!

Thanks for the help anyway's!

I don't think this was a complete waste of time. I learnt something from it. Any thread that you can take something away from is a good thread. :)

Hope you recover well from your surgery. I figure it's those Oxy's that your on making you type stuff. :shocked: Two of those and I'm in la-la land. I had Knee surgury...(in case anyone is wondering where I got mine...)

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think this was a complete waste of time. I learnt something from it. Any thread that you can take something away from is a good thread. :)

Hope you recover well from your surgery. I figure it's those Oxy's that your on making you type stuff. :shocked: Two of those and I'm in la-la land. I had Knee surgury...(in case anyone is wondering where I got mine...)

LMAO unfortantely they gave me the weakest strenght percocets....Pain is making me nuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum