Grinding noise from throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had to open up my big mouth about no warranties with RA. Belt weatherstrip seal that I ordered for a 2011 Tundra would not grip the little clips on the backside/inside the door panel and would not seat down as should. I explained the reason in my garage thread. They charged a shipping return fee of about $7.50 that will be deducted from the part price.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets dig in to the "reduced engine power mode" and the why it popped as a code. The requirements to set that code are that the input signal which comes from the throttle pedal assembly does NOT match the Throttle body position that was commanded within a certain percentage of error. This prevents engine runaway. Wiring within those systems can cause this code and so can the mechanical drive motor system within the throttle body, its feedback signal pot and also the feedback pot in the throttle assembly.

campfirestu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is a long post, but it started with the reduced engine power/ stability system disabled warning on the dash- (code was for throttle position sensor).

So I replaced the throttle body and it seemed to go away for a few months. Then it came back, so the gas pedal assembly was replaced. I disconnected the battery. Let it sit for a good hour, reconnected batt. Now its worse. When key is turned to on position there is a grinding sound coming from the new throttle body. This can't be normal. I thought it was maybe part of the re-learn? But then I get the reduced engine power immediately on start up.
Also I have checked ground at firewall, frame, and engine block. And all other wires look good. Any one else have this noise from TB after replacing?
2006 yukon denali 6.0
Did you figure anything out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk