Thoughts on DMH-C2550NEX to replace original HU ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

howie650

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2006 Z71 with the original factory touch screen HU still installed. (Bose + Navi, XM) In addition car has onstar, steering controls and the RSE DVD player.

The Navi on the current factory stereo is terribly out dated and I am looking for something that has Carplay /Android Auto support and a backup Camera feature. I would also like to keep all the factory features intact.

I learned in order to keep Audio output from the Rear Seat Ent (RSE), The new deck needs to have Rear Aux Inputs.

So this Pioneer DMH-C2550NEX seems to check all the boxes on features. As a bonus, its very slim so this should help give me some extra space to tuck away all the needed harnesses.

Wondering if anyone has done a similar install using the recommended wiring harness PAC RP5-GM11 Wiring Interface ?

Any feedback on quirks or loss of features found after the install that was unexpected or undesired ? RSE still worked (Headphones, Audio out, Wireless Headphones ? )

Searching on youtube, it seems like the PAC SNI-1 Noise Isolator is recommended I guess it wouldn't hurt to add theses but was wondering if anyone has done a similar upgrade any feedback appreciated. Thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne