Which Pac head unit product to use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one should I use?

PAC GM1A-RST RadioPRO Advanced Interface for GM Vehicles​

Or

PAC RP5-GM11 Radio Replacement Interface.​

I have a 2005 Tahoe with the Bose system with RSE. I currently have the factory navigation unit installed. The truck originally had the non-navigation unit from factory. I want to add a head unit with apple car play but keep as many original functions working as possible.

Thanks in advance.

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PacRP5-GM11 worked great on my 05. Kept all functions. I don’t believe the RSE controls will work though. I have an aftermarket DVD with RF headphones so I didn’t need that functionality.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but when I was casually shopping Crutchfield for head units compatible with my Bose system, every option I saw had a note about losing RSE control capabilities.

Radio upgrade is on my "next year" wish list. But when I am ready to do it, I am willing to have rear seat passengers lose ability to control what they listen to in exchange for upgrading the over all experience and all the modern stuff (Bluetooth, nav, etc.).

You can order components from Crutchfield and add on the custom harness, where they figure out ALL the wiring connections to make it work in your vehicle as a true plug-n-play. Couple of connectors clicked in and you are done. I might go that route. Seems to be a good value not to have to do that myself. Plus, they will provide 100% support if something is not going as planned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC