New Sony stereo and RSE integration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooki3mnster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a Sony AVX-AX550 in to my '05 with BOSE. I used the PAC RP5-GM11 adapter module, installation went really well and everything works including the steering wheel controls. Yesterday while I was cleaning the carpet I wanted to see if the RSE worked. I grabbed a DVD and powered it up. The monitor and DVD player work great. There is video but now audio. I followed the instructions from PAC and plugged the RCA cables in to the stereo. When plugged in to the 'REAR' ports on the HU I don't get any audio from the RSE through the speakers or the headphone jacks in the back of the center console. Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated!

SONY_AVX_AX5500.jpg

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
‘Rear’ rca jacks on a headunit are the rear OUTPUTS. You need an input. It might just be the headphone jack in, can’t tell from your picture. Then select the input.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than a single MIC in (red port, 3rd row, 2nd up), there is no audio in. Not sure how that is going to work for you.

1623868051430.png

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
There may be an adapter to the moles plug. Years ago the CD changer plug could be used with an adapter to rca…

clemenshess97

Reaction score
Did you ever figure it out ? I have a similar Sony radio and the same Pac harness and my RSE won‘t make any sound through the speakers or the two rear headphones jacks with headphones plugged in.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure it out ? I have a similar Sony radio and the same Pac harness and my RSE won‘t make any sound through the speakers or the two rear headphones jacks with headphones plugged in.
pretty sure that model radio does not support RSE, you need a headunit that does support RSE and additional adapters to make it work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons