New Sony stereo and RSE integration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you!
Therefore the headphone jacks in rear won‘t work either…right ?
I have no knowledge of radio stuff…
no, there might be some kind of adapter or module out there to make the rear work stand alone with it's own a/v input and headphones, but you would have to google and verify if there such a thing.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had been poking around Crutchfield off and on for a while now. I found head units that would maintain compatibility with Bose system and steering wheel controls. IIRC, every one of them I saw specifically mentioned the loss of RSE control functions. I hope to upgrade in the next six months, in order to gain bluetooth, Android Auto and hands-free calling. If I am able to keep steering wheel controls and my Bose, I don't think I will not giving up rear seat functions.

I have had great experience with Crutchfield. If you consult with them as you are deciding what to order, they will make sure you get something that works. That may not include rear seat entertainment control capabilities if the new equipment won't allow it to happen, but they will get you something that works, really good written instructions specific to your vehicle. They will even walk you through installation, if necessary. That is a lot of free help that other suppliers can't or won't give you.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
USASpec can help with the Bluetooth Streaming/Hands Free Calling...
If you radio has a BAND button (not AM/FM)
BT45-GM15 for non-XM
BT45-Vette for XM

I have the VETTE module in my SAAB, and love it
I have the GM15 module in my Envoy, and had it in my Rendezvous, and Esky, and loved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645