Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part of the not cheating, not trying theory….Has anyone tried and either been successful or got caught………Submit orders from multiple dealers…no more than two………See which one comes in first? Knowing my luck they would both arrive on same time frame and be on the hook for both.

in 99% of cases when the dealer puts in the initial order it isn't actually being submitted to GM for acceptance since the dealer doesn't have a current allocation ...almost like this is what I "want" to order when they can place the order. would expect the dealer to contact the customer if it's been a month or two to confirm everything with the customer prior to pushing the acceptance button - if not, they should be

if GM changed their policies of where an order could only be submitted when it was immediately accepted (like other brands) I'd have a different opinion on the approach, but even then I wouldn't have any issue pursuing an order with two different dealers. Depends on what is discussed upfront if the vehicle isn't purchased by the ordering customer. Lot of rumors about how a dealer is impacted - some of which depends on how the dealer flags it in their system when they order it

we placed a Tahoe and Yukon order in Dec 21 at the same dealer (mid sized local dealer) and neither of those were ever built. (they didn't require a deposit)

Jan 22 we ordered from another dealer and took delivery on that order in late April (refundable deposit of $1k)

as far as deposits - just make sure to have that discussion when the deposit is made. A Ram dealer we ordered from required a $1k non-refundable deposit that i was able to just use a credit card for...months later i found out they were only accepting wire transfers for deposits because several "buyers" had contested the charge when they decided to not take the vehicle...the implemented this because Ram apparently "dings" the dealer when it's sold to someone not listed on the initial order.

place as many orders as you want - for all GM knows you are actually buying 5 vehicles. But I wouldn't go down that path if you or the dealer is going to be financially harmed - of course you won't be aware of their situation if they don't tell you the ramifications of backing out...so in that case, do what it takes to get a vehicle

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run all three scenarios.

No deposit required, signed papers with a ETA of three days out…..arrived the following morning.

$1000 N/R deposit fr in transit, that was the one that didnt arrive in my acceptable timeFrame. That wound up being the merchant dispute one.

$1000 R/D for a 22 Z71 6.2. That was the refundable deposit and order CXLD after the other dealer had the 22 Z71 5.3 In stock.

The third on me was the 22 I/T Z71 6.2….unknnown ETA….NO deposit and that’s the one that was thankfully sold from underneath me.

The current is the 23 Premier….This was the same dealer where I got the 22 Z71 5.3. This is the 23 Premier custom ordered backout. No markup or deposit and arrived a Monday night, verified availability Tuesday, put 24 hour hold…finance was running behind. Ran finance numbers Wednesday. And picked up Friday.

All three purchases were delivered to me within about three-five days. From delivery to dealer. Also all three had a build date of no more than about three week. Current one was eighteen deys build date to customer delivery.

Fun useless factoid….two of the three…(Both Premiers)….4 miles at customer delivery. The Z61 was 150 but that was some weekend test drives before I had a chance to bail it out the following Monday. About 25 of that was me verifying the ride comfort with the Air Suspension.

Next lowest mileage for my new car delivery was Six.

gman2890

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in NY
Ordered a Yukon Ultimate in early November. Picked up for production a few weeks later. Truck was produced on 12/23 and pending disptach.

In the meantime, salesperson called the other day to offer me an almost identical vehicle that had just come in (canceld order I guess). Truck was sold in minutes to someone else by another salesperson. Oh well.

Any thoughts on how long it will take for my truck to get to the dealer?

Thanks

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in NY
Ordered a Yukon Ultimate in early November. Picked up for production a few weeks later. Truck was produced on 12/23 and pending disptach.

In the meantime, salesperson called the other day to offer me an almost identical vehicle that had just come in (canceld order I guess). Truck was sold in minutes to someone else by another salesperson. Oh well.

Thanks
Being in NY you’ll need rail and truck transport. I’d give it 3-4 weeks to show up.

GTPace500

Reaction score
I'm in NY

Thanks
Where in NY? I've been waiting months

duckknot

Reaction score
New year....same story from dealer, and GM, rapidly approaching the 1 year mark since we placed our order with no movement and per GMC inventory page, there are zero with our specs and color within a 2,000 mile radius.... :Insane:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New year....same story from dealer, and GM, rapidly approaching the 1 year mark since we placed our order with no movement and per GMC inventory page, there are zero with our specs and color within a 2,000 mile radius.... :Insane:
What did you order ?

MoonTruck

Reaction score
Mine was supposed to be built this week, I’ll find out tomorrow if it was. I’m in the tri-state so if I get any ETA I’ll share it here. My guess is cars get delivered to Port Newark CSX rail yard but that’s just a guess.

coopdel4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where in NY? I've been waiting months
Same here in Rochester. Ordered in Sept built 10/31 waited on Rail till December arrived at Lordstown,OH 12/15 and has been sitting 4hrs away waiting on transport for 3 weeks…very aggravating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts