Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s called….business. In a supply constrained environment, any business would push the supply to the highest profit portion of their business.
The stuff is so constrained GM can install the same options on a Silverado or Sierra, yet can't build a Yukon with it. This is why I walked from my Yukon order and went elsewhere. The dealer lost out, as did GM, on my annual corporate order as well. This costs GM sales long term, and why they should be thinking long term, not short term. I have zero desire to go back to GM at this point, their competitors seem to be able to deliver.

jlenoir

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I submitted an order with a local dealership on 9/26, order was accepted by GM on/around 10/14. Since then I've had three TPW: 11/14, 11/28, and now 11/21. I've seen where some of y'all have gotten or figured out what your event codes are. How are you doing that? I've tried using the live chat and calling GM and each time I'm only given a TPW and when I asked for an event code I'm told they "don't have additional details at this time". So how are you getting the code? From your dealerships?
Update to say I finally received an event code (3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production) but now I'm told there "is not a target production week at this time". Has anyone else run into this? How can it be scheduled for production but not have a TPW?

Danimalx87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update to say I finally received an event code (3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production) but now I'm told there "is not a target production week at this time". Has anyone else run into this? How can it be scheduled for production but not have a TPW?
Because everything is made up, nothing matters, and nobody is happy! The best way to get a new vehicle is to be on the short list for several different dealers to call when they get in inventory. That, and dropping or gaining features you didn't have on order.

I "gained" a long wheelbase and supercruise... and a monthly payment that's more than my mortgage!

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I just received a call my one of my dealers (the larger one). He said he got an allocation for a diesel so my base Denali order is finally moving forward!

Honestly I was about ready to give up, but looks like it might actually be happening :)

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: I just received a call my one of my dealers (the larger one). He said he got an allocation for a diesel so my base Denali order is finally moving forward!

Honestly I was about ready to give up, but looks like it might actually be happening :)
Awesome - congrats! I'm about ready to give up as well - maybe I'll get a call from my dealer this afternoon (more than likely not). Were you able to get Max Tow on your order?

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually decided I didn't need the Max Tow since I was getting the 2-speed transfer case on the Denali. Plus I was trying to keep the cost down. All I'm getting is the diesel motor, 2nd row bench seats and Adaptive Cruise control.

It was funny when they called today they asked if I wanted to add the Advanced Tech package or anything else. I briefly considered it but then when I priced it out on the build site it also requires Max Tow and the Rear Entertainment system, adding $6K to the MSRP. I said "no thanks" :)

indopinoy8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Boring update:

Yukon XL - originally placed on 3/28/2022 for an SLT, redid for 2023 on 7/23/2022 - no update specific to my build

Suburban Z71 - originally ordered 8/26/2022, had a TPW of 9/19, changed the order to include RSE on 9/23, this week's update I'm number 84 in line at the dealer ....

Not sure if this truck is worth the torture of waiting...

Double update, Yukon XL I was told I'm pretty far back on the list too, probably Q1. Wasn't too happy at the time so started searching a couple of weeks ago for more options...

Found a Suburban Z71 with Rear Seat Media in Tulsa that's not spoken for and waiting to be delivered from railyard to the dealer. If any of you all want to hop on it they're at MSRP. I just took my name off the front of the list. Salesman was awesome, but we're now thinking about building a pool over the winter. Rather than bleed money over the holidays, I may be ok waiting for the truck a bit more.

duckknot

Reaction score
Been keeping an eye on the inventory page on GMC and haven't seen any Duramax Yukon XLs for the dealership we ordered through in a while....Going to give it to the end of the year and then pull the plug if nothing changes. As much as I want that 3.0 L not sure it's worth all the BS at this point.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been keeping an eye on the inventory page on GMC and haven't seen any Duramax Yukon XLs for the dealership we ordered through in a while....Going to give it to the end of the year and then pull the plug if nothing changes. As much as I want that 3.0 L not sure it's worth all the BS at this point.

The 3.0L is absolutely worth it. Fuel economy, powerband, and not having to worry about lifters going bad are pretty big reasons.

duckknot

Reaction score
The 3.0L is absolutely worth it. Fuel economy, powerband, and not having to worry about lifters going bad are pretty big reasons.
I agree....it just gets to a certain point where we can't wait forever, wife's vehicle desperately needs to be replaced as it is (quite literally) falling apart. We've put a few bandaids on it to get the heat working to at least get us through winter, but they're only bandaids!

Hopefully though we see some progress soon, and really I'm venting more than anything.....buuuuut my lovely wife has never had a diesel before and part of me is terrified she's going to put gas in it, so a gasser may not be all that awful for my sanity :banghead: