Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer explained to me that for every 2 “sold”
Orders they put in, they received three more allocations. So, there is definitely some incentive to do that. Now, there are other “rules” w/ a sold order, like it has to get off the lot in some short time after delivery to the dealer (maybe 72 hours?). Anyway, that is why it is advantageous to dealers to sell vehicles…
I've gotten conflicting info regarding "sold" orders. One dealer wanted a $1000 non-refundable deposit for a "sold" order because if I don't take delivery within 72 hours of showing up, they lose an allocation. Another dealer told me they could put in a "sold" order for a $500 refundable deposit, and if I need to cancel that's "O.K.". Maybe it was "O.K." because they assumed someone else would buy it quickly? But if it is something unique like mine (bench seats in 2nd row for example), will it sell in 3 days?

If all they have to do is submit a "sold" order (and not actually deliver to the intended customer) to receive additional allocations I would think they would be much more willing to put in "sold" orders. But honestly I don't know. Maybe you are right. The whole thing seems to be a big mystery.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gotten conflicting info regarding "sold" orders. One dealer wanted a $1000 non-refundable deposit for a "sold" order because if I don't take delivery within 72 hours of showing up, they lose an allocation. Another dealer told me they could put in a "sold" order for a $500 refundable deposit, and if I need to cancel that's "O.K.". Maybe it was "O.K." because they assumed someone else would buy it quickly? But if it is something unique like mine (bench seats in 2nd row for example), will it sell in 3 days?

If all they have to do is submit a "sold" order (and not actually deliver to the intended customer) to receive additional allocations I would think they would be much more willing to put in "sold" orders. But honestly I don't know. Maybe you are right. The whole thing seems to be a big mystery.
Yes, they have to actually deliver the "sold" order...so, I believe it works like this:
- Customer Places Order w/ Dealer
- Dealer inputs "Sold" Factory Order against one of their allocations
- GM Produces Vehicle and Delivers it to Dealer
- Dealer Delivers it to Customer within required period for a "sold" order
- Dealer gets an additional 3 allocations after they do this twice.

Unclear to me what the rules are for Stock orders...probably similar, but possibly more limited.
Net, they get to "keep" their sold order allocations and get a bonus 1 for every 2 they do...but they do have to move them off the lot fast.
The other up side for the sold orders is that they don't have to finance them in their floor plan and pay interest...

April20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TPW 9/12 for Tahoe Premier. Original order Feb 2022- switched to 2023 early July. Fingers crossed.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, they have to actually deliver the "sold" order...so, I believe it works like this:
- Customer Places Order w/ Dealer
- Dealer inputs "Sold" Factory Order against one of their allocations
- GM Produces Vehicle and Delivers it to Dealer
- Dealer Delivers it to Customer within required period for a "sold" order
- Dealer gets an additional 3 allocations after they do this twice.

Unclear to me what the rules are for Stock orders...probably similar, but possibly more limited.
Net, they get to "keep" their sold order allocations and get a bonus 1 for every 2 they do...but they do have to move them off the lot fast.
The other up side for the sold orders is that they don't have to finance them in their floor plan and pay interest...
Makes complete sense...thanks. The only thing I would add is that while they will save the financing/interest of flooring a "sold" order, they lose the freedom to mark up the price above MSRP. Most people don't order a vehicle, wait 6 months and agree to pay above MSRP (but maybe some do). Hopefully that freedom goes away soon :)

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes complete sense...thanks. The only thing I would add is that while they will save the financing/interest of flooring a "sold" order, they lose the freedom to mark up the price above MSRP. Most people don't order a vehicle, wait 6 months and agree to pay above MSRP (but maybe some do). Hopefully that freedom goes away soon :)
I've seen a couple of stories where the dealer promised MSRP on an order. Then a different story after it came in.

altona

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully ordered a 2023 Yukon Denali diesel in the past 2 months? My dealer says GM will not accept or give an order number, to any Denali with a 6.2 or LM2 unless it is an Ultimate. My salesman is the former General Mgr at the store and has treated me great on the past 2 vehicles. Hoping to avoid any future price increase from GM with their sold order price protection program.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
TPW 9/12 for Tahoe Premier. Original order Feb 2022- switched to 2023 early July. Fingers crossed.
No adaptive on this correct? Still holding back my Denali order from April 22 and waiting for Adaptive to be available again

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully ordered a 2023 Yukon Denali diesel in the past 2 months? My dealer says GM will not accept or give an order number, to any Denali with a 6.2 or LM2 unless it is an Ultimate. My salesman is the former General Mgr at the store and has treated me great on the past 2 vehicles. Hoping to avoid any future price increase from GM with their sold order price protection program.
Diesel trucks have a very low allotment.

Z71orAT4

Reaction score
I believe that adaptive does indeed come on both the Denali Ultimate and the Denali for the time being however not the other three models. My 2023 built unit(at 4300) says it includes adaptive cruise(KSG).