This weekends work...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put my DIC in today... notched the trim and hot glue it into place... think it turned out all right...
View attachment 232858

Hmm, so you dremeled out the hole and hot glued it in place. Been looking around to find the trim but all I’ve seen is the wood grain. This just might work! Need to replace the center stack trim as mine is full of holes. Your job looks great

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing. Start small and work it out. I used a hot razor blade to get it as clean as possible.

OP
OP
PPV12HOE

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so you dremeled out the hole and hot glued it in place. Been looking around to find the trim but all I’ve seen is the wood grain. This just might work! Need to replace the center stack trim as mine is full of holes. Your job looks great
Yup... taped it off, cut it out a lil small, filled it to fit, filed it out some more so the buttons wouldn't stick, then glued it in....

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
PPV12HOE

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you change the flasher or install resistors to prevent the hyper flash?

I've done the brake light and reverse bulbs, but nothing that flashes yet
I didn't replace the flasher or put in resistors... it does hyperflash... it did not with just the rears done but after I installed the fronts it did... it doesn't bother me enough to take them back out but I am gonna try a new flasher and hope it corrects it... thats what I did in my last truck...

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't replace the flasher or put in resistors... it does hyperflash... it did not with just the rears done but after I installed the fronts it did... it doesn't bother me enough to take them back out but I am gonna try a new flasher and hope it corrects it... thats what I did in my last truck...

Cool beans, let me know if the flasher does the job.

I'd like to do LEDs in the turn signals........... I like LEDs LOL

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Cool beans, let me know if the flasher does the job.

I'd like to do LEDs in the turn signals........... I like LEDs LOL

Unfortunately, the GMT900 trucks DO NOT have a replaceable flasher... it is controlled by the BCM... you have to get it reprogrammed to be compatible with LEDs... basically you disable the "bulb out" warning indicator.

This place can do it...

2007-2014 C/K Truck/SUV Custom BCM Programming – White Automotive & Media Services
https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2007-2014-c-k-truck-suv-custom-bcm-programming/

OP
OP
PPV12HOE

PPV12HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the GMT900 trucks DO NOT have a replaceable flasher... it is controlled by the BCM... you have to get it reprogrammed to be compatible with LEDs... basically you disable the "bulb out" warning indicator.

This place can do it...

2007-2014 C/K Truck/SUV Custom BCM Programming – White Automotive & Media Services
https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2007-2014-c-k-truck-suv-custom-bcm-programming/
Thanks for the heads up... guess I'll just deal with the hyperflash for a lil while...