This Is Why I Hate Los Angeles... (rant)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your talking about…
View attachment 407863
Gotta read the links man. Lol. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-does-california-middle-130000198.html

Anyways back to the topic. Hope you get it fixed cleanly OP and quickly.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tax rate in my city is 9.98%, some are more. Gas tax is about 15% or more here, gas is easily a dollar or more gallon here than most places that's a extra $25-30 a tank full it all adds up and add's to the cost of goods it's a loosing battle. I guess if you piss gold it's doesn't f-kin matter. For me it does
Yeah i saw it can be as high as 10.
25% for sales tax in some areas. Low of 7ish

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which part of California ? I lived in San Diego and loved it. Probably go back some day. High taxes ? You part of the 1%? https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-does-california-middle-130000198.html

Crazy harsh California winter?
I live in big bear. We’re only 100 miles northeast of Los Angeles but up in the mountains. Yeah we had a crazy harsh winter. 10 feet of snow in just 10 days. The last time that much recorded snow fell at one time I believe was 1997…. 30 years ago. Lol. That’s long before I lived here. For over a week all three highways in an out of the big bear community were shut down. Our roads have been totally ruined. There’s cracks, holes and crevices in every stretch of road that weren’t there before the winter months started. Some of the potholes on the east end of the valley were half the lane wide, 10-12 feet in length and nearly a foot deep in some places. And when we were getting all that snow at once from the base of the mountains all the way to the coast was getting hammered with rain. They’re literally doing the bare minimum to replace roads in little patches here and there.

The state’s fuel taxes have our fuel prices at minimum a dollar more a gallon. Usually more compared to other states. And it was supposed to be to fund infrastructure projects but because the knuckleheads that live in our state didn’t vote yes on the stipulations that would only allow that fuel tax income to be used for said projects, the state government is reaping in tons of money and anyone can use it for whatever they want. Which is part of the reason why the roads aren’t getting fixed. That’s also not specific to big bear. All across the inland empire and Orange County roads are thrashed.

The state charges obscene amounts every year for vehicle registration and titling fees, because it’s based off the sales tax and a percentage of the vehicle’s sale price rather than a flat fee, and depending on which county a person resides in, if that county’s tax rate is higher the fees go up. San Bernardino county has the highest tax rate in the state I believe which makes my vehicle fees higher. Not to mention every two years I have to have my rig “smog tested” before the state will renew my registration. Insurance rates are definitely higher for California.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I live in big bear. We’re only 100 miles northeast of Los Angeles but up in the mountains. Yeah we had a crazy harsh winter. 10 feet of snow in just 10 days. The last time that much recorded snow fell at one time I believe was 1997…. 30 years ago. Lol. That’s long before I lived here. For over a week all three highways in an out of the big bear community were shut down. Our roads have been totally ruined. There’s cracks, holes and crevices in every stretch of road that weren’t there before the winter months started. Some of the potholes on the east end of the valley were half the lane wide, 10-12 feet in length and nearly a foot deep in some places. And when we were getting all that snow at once from the base of the mountains all the way to the coast was getting hammered with rain. They’re literally doing the bare minimum to replace roads in little patches here and there.

The state’s fuel taxes have our fuel prices at minimum a dollar more a gallon. Usually more compared to other states. And it was supposed to be to fund infrastructure projects but because the knuckleheads that live in our state didn’t vote yes on the stipulations that would only allow that fuel tax income to be used for said projects, the state government is reaping in tons of money and anyone can use it for whatever they want. Which is part of the reason why the roads aren’t getting fixed. That’s also not specific to big bear. All across the inland empire and Orange County roads are thrashed.

The state charges obscene amounts every year for vehicle registration and titling fees, because it’s based off the sales tax and a percentage of the vehicle’s sale price rather than a flat fee, and depending on which county a person resides in, if that county’s tax rate is higher the fees go up. San Bernardino county has the highest tax rate in the state I believe which makes my vehicle fees higher. Not to mention every two years I have to have my rig “smog tested” before the state will renew my registration. Insurance rates are definitely higher for California.
Time to register and insure in a cheaper state.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta read the links man. Lol. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-does-california-middle-130000198.html

Anyways back to the topic. Hope you get it fixed cleanly OP and quickly.
Yes you attached the same link you did earlier in thread, I read it, that’s about income tax and I don’t disagree on that. I’m talking about the sales tax which I sent u and u sent me the same figures. CA is the highest sales tax in the country which u stated was one of the lowest or middle of the pack at the worst. Gotta read man lol

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you attached the same link you did earlier in thread, I read it, that’s about income tax and I don’t disagree on that. I’m talking about the sales tax which I sent u and u sent me the same figures. CA is the highest sales tax in the country which u stated was one of the lowest or middle of the pack at the worst. Gotta read man lol
Still not the highest in the country when you look at average combined taxes. Funny how we don't associate Tennessee, arkansas, alabama, and Louisiana as the most highly taxed in the nation . Guess there isn't an agenda to sell there. https://taxfoundation.org/data/all/state/2022-sales-taxes/

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try a PDR(Paintless Dent Removal), that sucks sorry it happened to your truck.
Over the last few days I've been thinking about doing that, but I'm not so sure it can be done on a creased body panel (on the edge of the fender at the door)... Besides, the idiot that hit me also took off the paint down to the bare metal, on both scratches. Oh it's paintless alright.

Then the other day I noticed even more damage on the vehicle. He took off a good chunk of black powder coating off my rim. Normally I carry a small bottle of black nail polish for accidental curb rash, but he slightly dented the lip of the wheel, and caused the powder coating to separate from the rim.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One problem with people from L.A. is they don't stay there. A couple of years ago I had a neighbor who had moved here from L.A. call the police on me because I was washing my car. While they were on their way, she came down and was screaming at me for washing my car while there are water restrictions. When the Deputy showed up, he saw me looking at her and then the garden hose in my hand and he caught my eye and shook his head "no". I'm 3 miles from the Ohio river and 1/2 a mile from the treatment plant. She also complained at various times about, the smell of a pig farm nearby, tractors on the road, a guy at the gun counter leaned over and pistol butt popped out of his jacket (he had a permit) along with several other acts to endear herself to us.

Guess she never heard the term, "When in Rome" or saw the Babylon Bee you tube series about the folks who moved from LA to Texas.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess she never heard the term, "When in Rome" or saw the Babylon Bee you tube series about the folks who moved from LA to Texas.

The intent, if not the saying, predates Rome by a couple of Century's. Back around 399 B.C., Socrates stated that if you want to live in a Society, you must follow the rules of that Society. This was right before he was given a Hemlock cocktail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts