Thinking about changing cams in 6.0 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 04 Escalade with 174k miles, bone stock. Thinking about adding a cam to wake her up a little bit.

I don't tow anything and I drive mostly highway, I'd like a little more around town fun though. I'm gonna get a blackbear tune with it.

What cam would you guys recommend? Texas speed, comp? Do I need to add headers or a new stall converter? Or can I just get away with a cam kit for now?

Thank you guys.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with Vinci High Performance's "Trucker". You want a cam ground for a truck and from someone who will talk to you about your vehicle and your goals. I had a great series of conversations with Roger Vinci himself and he helped me with supporting parts like pushrods, springs, etc as well as help when I had questions installing things. Very highly recommended company and products. He even answered emails on a couple weekends when his company was closed and I was working on my truck.
http://www.vincihighperformance.com/camshaft spec list page ls truck.html

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 2nd Roger Vinci for a cam. I'm running a Trucker cam also. The thing you have to be aware of is that some cams will shift your power band up meaning you will lose low end torque. This can make the truck feel like a slug on the highway in the lower rpm range and the same around town if you have an overly aggressive cam with no stall converter. Aggressive cams sound great but you have a heavy truck not a corvette so choose wisely. You will want to match the stall to the cam and Roger is great about giving you details on where his cams make power.

I ran a 26-2800 circle-d converter in my 4l60 and it was almost like stock feel and ideal for my cam. I wanted a more aggressive stall when I went 4l80 so I now have a 3k stall, but now I want more cam for around town driving, but I know it's gonna suffer on the highway because I turn such low rpm with the converter locked unless I'm going 80..

Recent road trip pic. I'm cruising a little less than 80..My Speedo is off because of my trans tune won't allow it to be adjusted and I'm right at the bottom of the cams power range and it will pull hills all day and not have to downshift. I was next to an Avalanche and it funny hearing his downshift as we went up and down hills and mine stayed locked and pulling.

There's a lot of guys running different cams so hopefully they chime in and give you more feedback. @Tonyrodz is running a BTR cam with similar specs to our trucker and his is choppy as hell and BTR is known for choppy cams. Maybe he'll chime in on how his drives. e5692cb22a5aa9394d1db6dd6f0ad51f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Tamcphail89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm actually gonna hold off on the cam for a bit. I'm gonna get a BB tune first and see how that satisfies my itch haha

svtthis

Reaction score
I'm putting a Texas speed torquer v4 in my Escalade tomorrow. Can't go wrong with a cam

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I 2nd Roger Vinci for a cam. I'm running a Trucker cam also. The thing you have to be aware of is that some cams will shift your power band up meaning you will lose low end torque. This can make the truck feel like a slug on the highway in the lower rpm range and the same around town if you have an overly aggressive cam with no stall converter. Aggressive cams sound great but you have a heavy truck not a corvette so choose wisely. You will want to match the stall to the cam and Roger is great about giving you details on where his cams make power.

I ran a 26-2800 circle-d converter in my 4l60 and it was almost like stock feel and ideal for my cam. I wanted a more aggressive stall when I went 4l80 so I now have a 3k stall, but now I want more cam for around town driving, but I know it's gonna suffer on the highway because I turn such low rpm with the converter locked unless I'm going 80..

Recent road trip pic. I'm cruising a little less than 80..My Speedo is off because of my trans tune won't allow it to be adjusted and I'm right at the bottom of the cams power range and it will pull hills all day and not have to downshift. I was next to an Avalanche and it funny hearing his downshift as we went up and down hills and mine stayed locked and pulling.

There's a lot of guys running different cams so hopefully they chime in and give you more feedback. @Tonyrodz is running a BTR cam with similar specs to our trucker and his is choppy as hell and BTR is known for choppy cams. Maybe he'll chime in on how his drives. e5692cb22a5aa9394d1db6dd6f0ad51f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
Sorry--didn't see this sooner.
Mine drives GREAT! Also been tuned. Love the tq, it just keeps pulling--hard.
Great power too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut