Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some things need to be programmed when replaced more on the 07+ than the nbs things like the hvac control, fuel pump control modules, radio's, drivers door lock switch, bcm, tcm, ecm, not sure of every module there is probably more

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
So, There is another thread trans hard upshift or somthing like that where the trans flush was completed and it was mentioned that the trans oil life monitor could be reset. I have maybe 750 miles on my flush/filter maint but did not reset the monitor. Got the tech2 out and after searching through the multiple glossaries found the monitor and it was only at 28%, the doctor that owned this vehicle before me spent money on it to pass time? any way i was unaware that i should have keyed select item and hit clear all, yup there went all the stored parameters! It drives fine but i am dangerous with this tech2. I am amazed at how much info is available, I do understand that without it you are truly at a disadvantage when fixing these vehicles. My advice , get one and never leave home without it, Mine just sits in the box behind the second row seat waiting for anything that may require electronic diagnostic's prior to repair.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
George B: did you make the purchase? I want to get one, but not familiar with that website.
No, I haven’t taken the plunge yet. I am gathering information currently. I have no current issues that I would use it for on my Suburban but have an issue with the mode door actuator on our Envoy. I could use it for a TB relearn too I suppose. I just want to know what I need for when the time comes.

tmt502

Reaction score
No, I haven’t taken the plunge yet. I am gathering information currently. I have no current issues that I would use it for on my Suburban but have an issue with the mode door actuator on our Envoy. I could use it for a TB relearn too I suppose. I just want to know what I need for when the time comes.

10-4, @swathdiver makes a really good case for purchasing one, and I agree. Would love to get one, and that price seems really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879