Sway bar rubbing shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frizzle53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m in the process of lowering my 05 Tahoe and after installing my eibach sway bar in the rear it’s rubbing my passenger side shock. I installed djm end links , spohn upper and lower arms and also panhard bar. The rear is lowered with norcalss 6” springs set at 5”. I’ve searched and found some threads where guys experienced this but never came back to say what they did to fix the issue. I’ve tried everything to correct the issue but no luck. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well for one thing you have the end links on wrong, one is on the inside and one is on the outside, fix that and it should move the sway bar over enough to clear both sides. both end links should be on the inside

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This^^^^. Also you’re going to break those end links like that and they won’t be covered under warranty. CJM has install instructions online, I don’t understand why for the life of me they don’t include them with the parts.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like both of the end links need to be flipped 180deg and both be on the inside of the sway bar
The end links are right. But the sway bar goes to the outside of both end links. The reason that’s pushed so far to the passenger side is the left side is bolted to the inside of the end link. You can see it’s pushing it over which will break them and make the sway bar hit the shock. Just needs to redo that left side. http://djmsuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/RK2007.pdf

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correction. The left end link is wrong, the right one is correct. But the left side of the sway bar is also mounted to the end link wrong. They make the instructions so hard to find, it’s ridiculous.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correction. The left end link is wrong, the right one is correct. But the left side of the sway bar is also mounted to the end link wrong. They make the instructions so hard to find, it’s ridiculous.
to me it looks like they are both wrong but i'm part idiot so :shrug: lol

OP
OP
F

Frizzle53

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
64CB5B8A-44FC-4243-8995-84FC9316C346.jpeg So i ended up 180 on the driver side and left the passenger side the way it was. It was the only way I could fit the link inside the sway bar. The instructions show a picture with the bar on the inside but mention to bolt it to the outside. My axle is centered and there is no contact at all so I’m happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos