Sway bar rubbing shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right as in the picture? Or right as in passenger side?
Both since the picture is taken from the rear. The driver side sway bar is installed on the wrong side of the end link- it’s supposed to be on the outside (left) of it. I can’t tell if the driver side end link is installed correct from the angle of the picture. It’s supposed to offset to the right but only slightly as opposed to how much the passenger side offsets to the right. The sway bar then mounts to the outside of both end links.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to check mine.
I looked into this extensively when my passenger side end link broke and Tony blamed incorrect installation. I took pics and sent them to him, mine were installed just like the instructions show. I remembered searching DJM’s website forever until I found the instructions and was sure I had followed them. Tony said everybody installs them wrong and that’s why they break, mine was the first he saw that was installed right and still broke. My opinion from looking at the broken weld is that DJM doesn’t do a great welding job. So it’s important for these to be installed right to keep them from breaking. Mine was covered under warranty but if they’re installed wrong they won’t be. My new one has been fine for 2 years now.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed mine per djm instructions and they been on for about 2 years now N I've never had a problem.

Byoung1330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've even took it apart to see if its right an if u put it any other way it dont clear the mount for the panhard

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I looked into this extensively when my passenger side end link broke and Tony blamed incorrect installation. I took pics and sent them to him, mine were installed just like the instructions show. I remembered searching DJM’s website forever until I found the instructions and was sure I had followed them. Tony said everybody installs them wrong and that’s why they break, mine was the first he saw that was installed right and still broke. My opinion from looking at the broken weld is that DJM doesn’t do a great welding job. So it’s important for these to be installed right to keep them from breaking. Mine was covered under warranty but if they’re installed wrong they won’t be. My new one has been fine for 2 years now.
To clear up all the confusion--can you post a pic of yours installed?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've even took it apart to see if its right an if u put it any other way it dont clear the mount for the panhard
Your driver side is wrong. Look at yours, and look at their picture and read the instructions. The sway bar mounts to the outside of the end link.upload_2020-5-19_17-30-56.jpeg 792E9607-0AA2-4D2C-A65D-E3C68F6D7583.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after further research, I now conclude I’m as confused as f@ck. If you look at the instructions for the 07-14 the words are the same, they say to mount the driver side to the outside and the picture, blurry as it is, shows it on the outside.

C1ACF66C-AB01-4E41-95A9-2900DE6A5489.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But on the 00-06 instructions it also says to install the driver side to the outside but the picture clearly shows it on the inside. Also the left end link actually offsets to the left while on the 07-14’s it offsets to the right. I just checked and mine is installed on the inside of the left end link and iirc that’s the only way it works, just like @Byoung1330 said. Frickin DJM. The instructions are wrong and confusing.

63F7BDBE-0A46-4D88-9AFF-A238ACDC3586.jpeg

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after further research, I now conclude I’m as confused as f@ck. If you look at the instructions for the 07-14 the words are the same, they say to mount the driver side to the outside and the picture, blurry as it is, shows it on the outside.

View attachment 247858

nah youre good that looks like the driverside, mounted to the outside.

on mine (07-14) both links have an offset bent into them, where as most of the pics in this thread shows a straight bar between the driverside just welded offcenter

2nd pic def picture shows bar on inside though i agree lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu