Sway bar removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bagg

The Esca-Hoe driver.
Reaction score
Pros and cons of sway bar removal.

Pros: more flex in the front.

Cons: less stable, especially in turns.

Has anyone done this? Is there anything I'm not seeing as a disadvantage to this? I figure it will be less stable in turns and such but I don't drive fast anyways. And I'm predicting improvement off-roading.

It's mostly just an idea.

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With an IFS front end I honestly don't think its worth it. When my truck was at 6 inches lift I tried it and saw minimal to no flex increase but the handling suffered alot.

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've removed sway bars for drag only applications. I can't imagine the front end of my Tahoe in a corner without one. Why not get quick disconnect end links??

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i removed mine the other day, granted it lowered some and it didnt do as much as i thought with the body roll, but wow! its crazy how much a sway bar actually does! i took it off for some new bushings i bought. and i was going to paint it.

young_2010_chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do not recomend it from experience at about 70 i about rolled it startred swayin like a mother ******

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the quick disconnect ends.

Attachments

• Skyjacker_JK_007.jpg
    Skyjacker_JK_007.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 73

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get them at any offroad ship really. You disconnect them when you go off road and it's like you don't have a sway bar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE