Suspension for towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or install air springs from the air suspension system and add a compressor. At least I hope, since I am going to try to do that.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2021 Yukon Denali and it also did not come with air-bags/self-leveling or brake controller. Our 5300lb trailer w/650lb tongue weight pulled the rear down an inch but also the front popped up a bit it looked to me. (I wish I'd measured like I did the rear)
1695137892995.png

So continuing to use the sway/weight-distribution hitch purchased for the previous vehicle. This took care of the 1" drop of the rear and the Yukon is level again...
1695137909281.png

Also, added the Curtis 51170 brake controller and it works A-OK / looks nice.

Last edited:

301Bobbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got my '21 Tahoe set up to tow out 5000# Apex Nano camper. This Tahoe doesn't have the factory air bags, it does have ZLG trailering package. The factory hitch is limited to 10% of the tow capacity (see the sticker on the hitch) so 790# tongue weight is all you get on that load point and I'm real close to optimal with the CAT scale weighed 5040# camper.
To fix the 2 1/2" sag, I removed the rear factory shocks and installed Bilstein 5100 and set them at .6" lift and then an alignment. I got rid of my Andersen WDH and replaced it with a True Tow Weigh Safe Standard (nice discount for that at You Tube's Wandering Weekends). After setting the hitch system according the instructions on the App, I was able to distribute 100# to the steer axel and 140# to the camper's. The rig now tows without sag. An amazing improvement in handling characteristics; no cross wind affects and minimal suck/push from semis.
You wont be able to tow a Grand Design bc of the 1000# tongue weight.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got my '21 Tahoe set up to tow out 5000# Apex Nano camper. This Tahoe doesn't have the factory air bags, it does have ZLG trailering package. The factory hitch is limited to 10% of the tow capacity (see the sticker on the hitch) so 790# tongue weight is all you get on that load point and I'm real close to optimal with the CAT scale weighed 5040# camper.
To fix the 2 1/2" sag, I removed the rear factory shocks and installed Bilstein 5100 and set them at .6" lift and then an alignment. I got rid of my Andersen WDH and replaced it with a True Tow Weigh Safe Standard (nice discount for that at You Tube's Wandering Weekends). After setting the hitch system according the instructions on the App, I was able to distribute 100# to the steer axel and 140# to the camper's. The rig now tows without sag. An amazing improvement in handling characteristics; no cross wind affects and minimal suck/push from semis.
You wont be able to tow a Grand Design bc of the 1000# tongue weight.
I looked for "Bilstein 5100" but it doesn't show any for my 2021 Yukon Denali or a 21 Tahoe
1703705909421.png
How did you learn that this works for you're Tahoe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar