Adding air to Magnetic Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zslow6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the thread but we have had our 23 Denali since last year. We were getting out of a lease and didnt have time to find the EXACT vehicle we wanted, but got pretty close. The only issue is i would have liked to have the air suspension as well as the magnetic dampers but couldnt find one in the area. Does anyone know if you're able to add the air suspension afterwards? I'm assuming there is a lot of programing that goes into having both.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, new to the thread but we have had our 23 Denali since last year. We were getting out of a lease and didnt have time to find the EXACT vehicle we wanted, but got pretty close. The only issue is i would have liked to have the air suspension as well as the magnetic dampers but couldnt find one in the area. Does anyone know if you're able to add the air suspension afterwards? I'm assuming there is a lot of programing that goes into having both.
Probably cheaper to trade it…

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find what you want - aftermarket add-ons of 3rd party or OEM features are mostly impossible. The only feature I've seen people retrofit is the digital rearview mirror, but that system works on its own "network." Once you start adding features that need to communicate with the BCM/ECM/PCM, etc. forget about it. The OEM air ride system will air up/down the suspension when you get in and out of the rig. It will also lower the suspension when at highway speed. Way too much software, wiring and ECUs that are not installed on a rig w/o air suspension.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are many air suspension systems on these rigs that have bugs/issues straight from the factory…cant even imagine trying to compile all the parts, pieces, wiring, plumbing programing etc. and having it all actually work correctly on a retrofit job. And the cost would have to be absolutely outrageous. Doable, but i think it would make much more sense to just trade your current rig in on one that came with air already.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts