Sunroof Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris brindley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looked through some posts has anyone any suggestions before taken in.

Weather is finally nice in Atlanta so I decided to open up the sunroof and its dead, doesn't tilt, slide. All electrical components in over head work fine without issue.

All i can find is one fuse which was good in the passenger side compartment listed as number 21 30A.
Maybe a secret button called disable sunroof :), it worked last week.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power window disable switch on drivers door?

Child safety lock?

Last edited:

jbyler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the child safety lock only works for the back windows and are only operable on driver door buttons. I just tried my sunroof and it works even if lockout of back windows is engaged. :(

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the child safety lock only works for the back windows and are only operable on driver door buttons. I just tried my sunroof and it works even if lockout of back windows is engaged. :(

Dang! So much for that thought.

Has it been outside and raining a lot (thinking leaking water...)?

OP
OP
chris brindley

chris brindley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, as i am out of warranty and cannot listen to dealership BS I went into this myself, I downloaded the schematics from www.bbbind.com. Excellent site have all the diagrams of most cars and TSB announcements.
I traced my sunroof switch all the way back to the fuse in drivers panel, it was a 10A called RAP SEO. Swapped the fuse and bang it blew again.
So i then traced this line back to the front windshield behind the plastic cover behind the mirror, and then bingo in dawned on me, i had a new windshield replaced a month earlier and never thought of checking the sunroof.
I started removing cables and when i got to this device marked A and unplugged it the fuse didn't blow.
Now what is this strange device in picture one because the weird part was, the rain sensor works, the Adaptive cruise control works, now what really pisses me off I then plug everything back in as its getting late and the fuse didn't blow.
so i am searching google. I hope this may help folks in the future

IMG_0246.jpg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you continue to have a problem I would be taking it back to the windshield replacement company.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my experience in the past with sunroof's in general is the motor goes bad, just my 2 cents

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be part of the sensor for the compass. Rainsense works? Just confirming. Is it possible that the connectors we're missing-aligned somehow and you corrected it? Moisture on the pins?