Summit Racing Shorty header

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Doug Thorley shortys on my bagged 08 Silverado due to no room for longtubes. I deem them a waste of money. Except they look better than the cast ones since they’re ceramic coated. But no noticeable sound or power difference.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Im thinking out installing a set of headers to my 05 tahoe. I was wondering if anyone has installed the summit racing shorty headers? if so how do you like them and would you recommend them? they seem pretty appealing with the price tag.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g9048
the summit headers are basically pace setter headers. the flanges are nice and thick and they come with all appropriate hardware. now for the negatives
they may or may not end up closer to some things than one would like possibly even touching a heat shield. they most likely will not line up to your current y pipe well enough for your typical diy and you will invent some new colorful words. dealing with pacesetter headers specifically the collector flange was the wrong size on an f150 i used them on so i had to weld on different flanges on my y pipe. the black paint is just a storage paint and will burn off and immediately start rusting fairly quickly. it will mention this somewhere but its not mentioned so its readily viewable. getting the paint off to put a correct header paint on is almost impossible unless you have a sand blaster (chemical stripping is also a waste).

so if your doing it yourself spend a few more bucks and buy them from a different brand. if your having a garage do the work try to get a quote from them so they feel obligated to atleast keep the price near thier quote.

ive used them numerous times as i forget things too often. i always try to save a few bucks whenever possible. and i think im a glutton for self punishment.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen many dyno results where the shorty headers are only marginally better then the stock manifolds. Richard Holdener has done so many dyno videos that prove they just aren't worth the money. He also did a test with the ebay headers and they we're actually a good unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts