Stumbled upon a 2014 PPV Tahoe while looking for a subaru

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoeleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I wasn't looking for one, and I hadn't even considered a tahoe of this generation because it wasn't in the budget. But I am now the happy owner of a 2014 ppv tahoe. I was actually looking for a 2004-2012 subaru of some kind for around $7500 CAD, when I came across this tahoe by chance. I looked at the other listings of a subaru seller on Kijiji and there she was. He was asking $9500 CAD, I offered him $7500 CAD($5700 usd) after checking it out and he accepted. It's an ex-RCMP truck with 180k(110 miles), runs and drives perfect. It has the optimal G80 locker and dual batteries. It already has full leather rear seating and a console added. I plan on trying to retrofit some heated leather buckets for the front, add a full stereo with touchscreen deck, front and rear cameras, and do some tasteful mods to the outside. Glad there is a forum section dedicated to these things. Here's a few first pics:

20201119_130852.jpg 20201119_130912.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Cole!

That was a AWESOME buy IMHO as long it was serviced regularly. Hopefully you have some service records. For the most part most police agencies keep their vehicles serviced on schedule.

In my neck of the woods the 2014 PPV [in good shape] is going for 15K us bucks with 100K + miles on it.

Much better choice then the Subaru!! Nice find on your PPV!

OP
OP
Tahoeleo

Tahoeleo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Cole!

That was a AWESOME buy IMHO as long it was serviced regularly. Hopefully you have some service records. For the most part most police agencies keep their vehicles serviced on schedule.

In my neck of the woods the 2014 PPV [in good shape] is going for 15K us bucks with 100K + miles on it.

Much better choice then the Subaru!! Nice find on your PPV!

Thanks!

I agree! They go for a bit less around here, but not much. Either way got a smokin deal!

It was on the heavy duty service schedule, with only synthetic fluids used. It has a few issues here and there, but mechanically it is solid. Being an RCMP truck, its mostly hwy km. Do you know if once I add the DIC buttons, will I be able to see the engine hours?

I am very glad I won't be putting around in a little subaru. It was what the wife wanted, but once she saw and went for a rip in the tahoe, she quickly changed her mind.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know if once I add the DIC buttons, will I be able to see the engine hours?

Can not answer that question for you but just post the question on here and I am sure someone will have a answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts