strange a/c issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tntlyles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
99 Yukon - just replaced a/c system and I have 2 issues - a/c does not work at all (no clutch engagement, no a/c indicator light inside, fan stuck on floor) and I am getting a input air circuit voltage low code. All new symptoms and not sure what connection the two have. All were unplugged but double and triple checked the plugs and fuses. I did arc the battery when I dropped a wrench but was very brief.
Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
T

tntlyles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
didn't write it down - think it was 112 or 1112?
will check it again tomorrow and confirm

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tntlyles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
rechecked this morning - has po 113 - airtake temp circuit high - would have sworn it was circuit low last night before i cleared it but may be mistaken.

plugged the old compressor in with pressure switches still plugged into new compressor and indicator light for a/c on dash still did not come on.

definitely seems electrical - just not sure where the connection would be.

swapped relay for starter and a/c and no change.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

ok - looks like air temp was false - took the plug back off again and cleaned and crimped it tighter and is reading now so just have a/c circuit issue now

no compressor engagement, no a/c on light on dash button, fan only blowing on floor

thanks

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That it is not an A/C issue you are having issues with the air intake temperature sensor for the engine.

P0113

DTC P0113 IAT Sensor Circuit High Voltage (1 Of 2)

DTC P0113 IAT Sensor Circuit High Voltage (2 Of 2)

IAT Sensor Circuit

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is a thermistor located in the fresh air duct to the throttle body in order to monitor the temperature of the air entering the throttle body. The Vehicle Control Module (VCM) applies 5 volts to the sensor on 5 volt reference circuit. When the air is cool, the resistance in the sensor measures high and the VCM senses a high voltage signal. If the air is warm, the sensor resistance measures low and the VCM senses a low voltage signal. This DTC is a type A DTC.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The following items will set the DTC:

• No Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor DTCs.
  • No Vehicle Speed (VS) sensor DTCs.
  • No Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor DTCs.
  • The vehicle speed less than 2 mph.
  • The MAF is less than 250 grams per second.
  • The engine coolant temperature greater than 84.7°C.
  • The engine run time is greater than 100 seconds.
  • The intake air temperature voltage greater than 4.9.
ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
The VCM sets the DTC P0113 and turns ON the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) when P0113 is reported and 1 failure has occurred.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC
The VCM turns the MIL off after 3 consecutive driving trips without a fault condition present. A history DTC will clear if no fault conditions have been detected for 40 warm-up cycles (coolant temperature has risen 40°F from the start-up coolant temperature and the engine coolant temperature exceeds 160°F during that same ignition cycle) or the scan tool clearing feature has been used.

DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
A scan tool indicates the temperature of the ambient air entering the throttle body. The air temperature should read very close to the temperature of the outside air. The air temperature should rise gradually as the engine warms up and the underhood temperature increases. If DTC P1111 is set, the problem is intermittent. Check for poor connections at the VCM and IAT sensor by wiggling the connector gently and monitoring the IAT temperature or the IAT voltage on the scan tool. If the voltage waivers, repair the connector that caused the waiver. Also, a sensor may become skewed or mis-scaled. The Temperature vs. Resistance Value Table will help to detect a skewed sensor. Refer to Temperature vs Resistance

TEST DESCRIPTION
The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

Important: Use the same diagnostic test equipment for all the measurements.

1. If the IAT sensor circuit voltage measures greater than 4.9 volts, the conditions for the DTC are still present, and the problem is not intermittent.
  2. This test will bypass the IAT sensor and will confirm that the IAT signal circuit and the sensor ground circuit to the VCM are sound. Grounding the signal circuit will provide a low voltage input to the VCM. The VCM should recognize this low voltage and indicate a high IAT temperature.
  3. This test determines if the IAT sensor signal circuit is okay. If the scan tool does not indicate a high temperature, the IAT signal circuit is open.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

At what speeds does your fan blow?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tntlyles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
was able to get rid of iat code as stated

still have a/c issue

tried a used control head today but no change

have control of fan speed - just not where it blows

OP
OP
T

tntlyles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
guess there's no ideas - i sure don't have any

have to park her for a bit till i can afford a shop

thanks for the input and have gotten some good ideas for future work off some of the threads

letsbangout

Reaction score
guess there's no ideas - i sure don't have any

have to park her for a bit till i can afford a shop

thanks for the input and have gotten some good ideas for future work off some of the threads

You made no mention of the cycling switch (on the accumulator). Are you registering at least 30 PSI on the suction port? If so, does the switch close?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mordy913