Just bought a 2012 Tahoe LTZ satellite antenna is broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ILOVELONGISLAND

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just bought this super clean truck, come to find there is a leak ! and its coming from a smashed satellite antenna. Can you guys tell me where to get replacement??? there seems to be variations in the wiring from what i see for sale on ebay ?>? thank you in advance

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and go to the Body section. You should find the correct part number there, and you will save significantly versus going to your local dealer.

OP
OP
I

ILOVELONGISLAND

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and go to the Body section. You should find the correct part number there, and you will save significantly versus going to your local dealer.
Many thanks my friend, your truck looks great ! I was able to find the correct part# on gmpartsdirect.com, thanks to you guys. I dropped the part # in search on amazon, same $$ will be here tomorrow. Now I just have to figure out the drivers side heated and cooling seats not working, the lights come on but not breeze cool, or warm butt

OP
OP
I

ILOVELONGISLAND

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pulled the headliner down today to install the new "Shark fin" satellite antenna. I could`nt help but notice there was NO drain tube to the moonroof on driver front corner. Searched under carpet, found the end of hose that goes through floor to drain, but the tube from the roof down the cowl to the floor tube was missing ! The inside of the pillar cover was full of black mold, and by how soaked the insulation under carpet is, this has been like this for a very long time. Ran my own 1" drain tube and out the bottom where the factory 1 is. Currently running dehumidifer in the truck to help dry out the floor.

Now if I can only figure out why the power seats stopped working and the cooled seats and heated seats turn on but nothing happens ????? thank you in advance

OP
OP
I

ILOVELONGISLAND

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you look at the fuse for the seats. The owners manual should have the location. I think they are located under the hood, left dash panel and right dash panel.
My friend, all the lights on the controls come on, but no heat and no cooled seats, so if controls are lit up I would assume power is on >????

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the memory control module under the seat or the ground on the B pillar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
808JAM