AC issue with my 2008 Yukon Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcsegura23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have. 2008 Yukon Hybrid. My A/C light blink three times. Checked the fuses , changed the relay and check for pressure in the lines and has great pressure. The A/C just won’t kick on ! I did recently had to replace main battery …Is there something I’m missing to do or check?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has there been any as work done? when you say good pressure, how are you testing it and what is the pressure you're seeing?

do you have a scanner able to read codes byond the standard obd2 stuff. there's codes for the hvac about why request is denied.

just be careful, you can't use standard pag oil in these, only poe. some repair shops don't know that and pag is conductive and over time it can short out and cause the whole truck to shut down.

one thing you can try that I've seen posts about for the non hybrid is take the 12v battery cables off, wait a few mins then touch them together to discharge any stored energy. then hook them back up, start the truck and wait a few minutes without touching any buttons on the. hvac. this will force the hvac to cycle all the temp doors and stuff resetting everything. it probably won't work. but worth a shot before going to a ac shop. Just make sure the ac shop knows electric ac compressors.

OP
OP
J

Jcsegura23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has there been any as work done? when you say good pressure, how are you testing it and what is the pressure you're seeing?

do you have a scanner able to read codes byond the standard obd2 stuff. there's codes for the hvac about why request is denied.

just be careful, you can't use standard pag oil in these, only poe. some repair shops don't know that and pag is conductive and over time it can short out and cause the whole truck to shut down.

one thing you can try that I've seen posts about for the non hybrid is take the 12v battery cables off, wait a few mins then touch them together to discharge any stored energy. then hook them back up, start the truck and wait a few minutes without touching any buttons on the. hvac. this will force the hvac to cycle all the temp doors and stuff resetting everything. it probably won't work. but worth a shot before going to a ac shop. Just make sure the ac shop knows electric ac compressors.
Thanks ….. bought a pressure gauge to check if it needed Freon but the gage was at 84 which according to manual means the pressure is where it should be. I will try the battery cables your talked about.

staffie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bonjour, je ne pense pas que la pression soit une bonne indication.
Tout le gaz doit être éliminé et pesé pour avoir une mesure correcte de la quantité qu'il contient.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bonjour, je ne pense pas que la pression soit une bonne indication.
Tout le gaz doit être éliminé et pesé pour avoir une mesure correcte de la quantité qu'il contient.

en utilisant Google traduction

vous avez raison, la pression statique ne vous dit pas grand chose sauf qu'elle n'est pas complètement vide. J'ai vraiment besoin d'une pression haute et basse pendant que le compresseur de climatisation fonctionne pour être utile. Je suis d'accord que le retirer, le peser et le recharger est le meilleur moyen. mais la plupart des gens n’ont pas accès à un tel équipement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan