started debadging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
I started the day off detailing my Hoe and very sooned turned into debadging. I couldnt stand side pieces anymore. I found out that using high strength fishing line between two screwdrivers works great....and now to the adhesive removal... yay! Truck looks great already and cant wait to see it done. I remember reading somewhere that goof off works the best. Am I right?

boble94

GM All The Way!
Reaction score
hey man, when you're done post pics. or post some work pics and done pics.
i want to see it. I'm interested in doing it. any rust or abnormal findings under?

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used goof off and a rag, took about an hour. others say the 3M adhesive wheel thing works better, you just roll it on the adhesive and it'll come off

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
ok, Ive run into an issue. I used goof off and got most of the adhesive off of the pass. side and havent even started on driv. side but now I have a haze that I cannot get off. Ive used an intermediate swirl remover polish and a fine swirl polish and still no luck. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what was your remedy?

P3040076.jpg

P3040074.jpg

P3040075.jpg

HELP!

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used goof off and a rag, took about an hour. others say the 3M adhesive wheel thing works better, you just roll it on the adhesive and it'll come off

its called an Eraser Wheel it works wonders! i used it on my 94 s10 blazer that had those gay stripes down the whole side. just dont be an idiot with the eraser wheel. i saw a guy push super ******* it and burn straight thru the paint but he was a dumbass lol

as far as the haze, does it feel like its ontop of the paint? i would say use a medium cut compound with a buffer if you have one. if you dont have a buffer try using wax and see if that helps. otherwise it could be the faded paint

Last edited:

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem on my 95 when i did hate to tell u the bad news but had to paint it ... i did it from the bend downthis way you dont see were the paints blend as much

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
im going to get the eraser wheel tomorrow...hopefully I can find one

OP
OP
fyremanpat

fyremanpat

Fyremanpat
Reaction score
i had the same problem on my 95 when i did hate to tell u the bad news but had to paint it ... i did it from the bend downthis way you dont see were the paints blend as much

youre right..not what I wanted to hear. Dangit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo