Stabilitrac and traction control lights on and charging issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slyhog022056

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2010 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 vortec..... Just this last weekend had to replace oil pickup tube o-ring and remove and block oil pressure bypass on oil filter for low low oil pressure, 2 months? before that had to unstick lifter for #4. Got all that sraightened out and went for a test drive today. 30+psi oil pressure at highway speed. Then the stabilitrac and traction control lights came on immedietly after starting. No change in drivability or anything out of the norm. The stabilitrac and traction control lights did come on when I was having problems before with the stuck lifter but not after that until today. What do I need to look into to find out what is going on? I love this truck but it is starting to nickel and dime me to death.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2010 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 vortec..... Just this last weekend had to replace oil pickup tube o-ring and remove and block oil pressure bypass on oil filter for low low oil pressure, 2 months? before that had to unstick lifter for #4. Got all that sraightened out and went for a test drive today. 30+psi oil pressure at highway speed. Then the stabilitrac and traction control lights came on immedietly after starting. No change in drivability or anything out of the norm. The stabilitrac and traction control lights did come on when I was having problems before with the stuck lifter but not after that until today. What do I need to look into to find out what is going on? I love this truck but it is starting to nickel and dime me to death.
It’s usually accompanied by a check engine light. Time to read the codes with a scanner like a Tech 2 that can read all of the modules. When I had it happen on my ‘07, it was the fuel pump. I was getting codes for fuel pressure occasionally being too high which meant that the pump-mounted regulator was failing.

Stabilitrak and traction control will be turned off whenever the computer detects that the engine isn’t running properly, or when a sensor detects a key parameter consistently falling out of normal ranges.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop on by the house and we'll put the Tech-2 on it...

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@slyhog022056 It sounds like you've had lifter problem in the past that haven't been addressed properly so you continue to have problems.

Listen, there is a reason that you had a stuck lifter and until you address the cause of the problem you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Some main causes of lifter failure are worn lifter trays, problems with the VLOM, or electrical problems that control the VLOM.

You need to take your motor apart until you have the lifter and cam out and inspect everything. From that point you only rebuild it with brand new parts, continuing to use parts that are giving you problems is insanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo