2007 Yukon, Engine shaking, service stabilitrak + traction control, flashing engine light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongolds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was taking a sharp turn in an on ramp last week and coming out of it the flashing engine light, service stabilitrak, service traction control, and check airbag notices all went off. Engine is shaking and and jerks when shifting into drive. No overheating or apparent misfire or lifter tapping noises. Cant see well enough to be able to tell if the engine mounts are broken or not. It does have 230,000 miles on it but otherwise well maintained. Dont really know anyone mechanically inclined so I came here. Just looking to discuss possibilities of what may be happening.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was taking a sharp turn in an on ramp last week and coming out of it the flashing engine light, service stabilitrak, service traction control, and check airbag notices all went off. Engine is shaking and and jerks when shifting into drive. No overheating or apparent misfire or lifter tapping noises. Cant see well enough to be able to tell if the engine mounts are broken or not. It does have 230,000 miles on it but otherwise well maintained. Dont really know anyone mechanically inclined so I came here. Just looking to discuss possibilities of what may be happening.
Classic symptoms of a bad ground. Check the ground wire that attaches to the front of the passenger side cylinder head. Check the battery cables also. They corrode internally and look fine to the outside, but playing with them (or subjecting them to high Gs) will release the Kraken.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Airman68

Reaction score
Any resolution on this one. Had the same issue on my 2008 last weekend. Stopped and shut off the truck, restarted and it cleared. Did that twice and got a misfire on cyl 2 but I figured that was due to some other issue otherwise the thing runs perfect. I know I have had other GM products in the past that would have a similar issue and it turned out to be a bad accelerator petal but not sure if this is the case here.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any resolution on this one. Had the same issue on my 2008 last weekend. Stopped and shut off the truck, restarted and it cleared. Did that twice and got a misfire on cyl 2 but I figured that was due to some other issue otherwise the thing runs perfect. I know I have had other GM products in the past that would have a similar issue and it turned out to be a bad accelerator petal but not sure if this is the case here.
Again, multiple seemingly unrelated warning lights are most commonly a sign of low voltage.

Check for loose battery cables
Check grounds
Have alternator and battery tested at an auto parts store.

Airman68

Reaction score
Ok, how about this, high voltage? I noticed during this episode, my voltage reading was way higher than normal. Like, way past the 14v on my gauge. Usually it hangs around 14v but it seemed a lot higher at that time.

Airman68

Reaction score
After a bit of research, the voltage thing makes sense. I'm going to replace my alternator tonight. It's been making some noise anyway so a little preventative maintenance wont hurt. Will update in a few days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar