SRS Light after shop repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello-
Just got my 98 Yukon back from the shop after an attempted theft. Long story short they replaced parts in the steering column and when I went to pick it up the SRS light was on. Of course the typical shop/insurance crap happens and they blame it on a pre existing problem. I have been fight them for 2 days and they are taking it to the Chevy dealership to have some one look it over. It sounds like they replace the steering column lock and cylinder. Is it possible the wrong steering lock would cause the SRS light to go off? They are telling me some diagnostic module is bad since it won't tell them what is tripping the alarm. Anyone had a similar experience? I regret ever taking my truck to this shop, I should have fought to take it to my mechanic first.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
wrong lock? no.

Check the yellow connector under the front of the dash at the steering column to make sure it is seated correctly.on the right side of column further up inside the dash is the module itself. See if its connectors have come loose. And check behind the glove box door the pass air bag. BY lay they are the only colored yellow.

OP
OP
G

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the shop and insurance fix this issue and I don't get stuck with it. If I do I check those points out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19