Battery drained/DVD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nicety

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Yukon that I've had since new. Never had a problem till now. In 3 years I've burned through
5 batteries. I had to take it to the dealer to get some other work done and had them check for what may
be happening and was told it was the DVD running. DVD has never been used at all. But you here a whining
noise coming from somewhere in that area. After I had spent a gang of money getting other things fixed
on the truck they told me it would be another diagnostic fee and a charge to pull the fuse for the DVD
player!!! I'm like you have to be kidding! I brought the truck home and for the life of me can't find that
fuse. I looked on the side beside the steering column, under the hood, and still nothing. There's no reference
in the owner's manual or on YouTube. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Moved you here from the 2021 section.

I assume the DVD unit is separate from the head unit. If so, would you be able to disconnect the DVD unit?

EDIT: is there a DVD stuck in the unit?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar