Squatting with a big trailer attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 Denali with the non air suspension. Can I get stiffer shocks in the back or something? The rear end squats pretty low when I have a big trailer on there

Last edited:

sanman28

Reaction score
Unless there are stiffer springs or air bags, nothing else will help but maybe one of those things you insert into the spring.

crankin

Reaction score
I have a 22 Denali with the non air suspension. Can I get stiffer shocks in the back or something? The rear end squats pretty low when I have a big trailer on there
Any luck with trying a weight distribution hitch?

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t know the ‘22 had an option other than the air ride system. I thought they came standard? Does yours only have the Magnetic Ride Control and not the Air Ride Adaptive System?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When towing over 5,000 pounds on my generation truck, a weight distribution hitch is required. Yours may as well have the same or similar limit. In addition, you'll want to pay attention to your tongue weight and the weigh put on and over the rear axle, there's a limit to that too. Too much weight forward in the trailer and the tow vehicle will certainly sag if a WDH is not used.