Spohn Rear Control Arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the Spohn adjustable rear upper and lower control arms on their lifted vehicle?
Any regrets?
I read comments on Ram forums where they said these are junk, and the joints are prone to breakage.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the Spohn adjustable rear upper and lower control arms on their lifted vehicle?
Any regrets?
I read comments on Ram forums where they said these are junk, and the joints are prone to breakage.
@gmartin1215 I have heard that about their poly bushings, I am using their del Sphere "johnny joints" in my spohn panhard/track bar and I really like the joint style.

87chels

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We got them in our Suburban so far no issues. Only been in since April. Definitely alot more suspension travel with them. A little more rear body roll during fast corners or lane changes but not terrible. I got poly bushings wherever it was a option.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those bad comments about Spohn adjustable's from what I recall are about the bars fatiguing under very high powered vehicles.

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I want to replace the rear control arms on my 09 Tahoe as I am rebuilding the entire suspension. One of my lower control arms is bent, so it's definitely time to replace, and might as well do an upgrade, too. @Tozan suggested using the Spohn off-road set when I first started looking into rebuilding my Tahoe. The Spohn set looks very nice and I like the attribute that they are adjustable since I am planning to do a lift, too.

I started reading about the del-sphere joint that Spohn uses and that's when I noticed a lot of complaints, especially from the guys that drive Ram trucks. They mentioned the joints were banging a lot and wear was showing in the joint. One remedy some suggested was adding a rubber bushing where the del-sphere connects to minimize the banging sound. Maybe it's more a problem with Ram trucks where these guys are complaining. Some were saying they were glad to take the Spohn's off! Anyway, I thought I would ask here to see if Tahoe/Yukon owners were having similar problems.

The guy in this video has a lot of negative points about Spohns, but he has a Ram truck.

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw these arms from Apoc, but can't find any opinions about them. They don't have a panhard bar, though. Cost of getting into these is cheaper than Spohn and they don't have the del-spehre joint.

Last edited:

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw these arms from Apoc, but can't find any opinions about them. They don't have a panhard bar, though. Cost of getting into these is cheaper than Spohn and they don't have the del-spehre joint.

curious would these aftermarket arms would give you suspension travel? i need some more travel for off roading

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gmartin1215 I have the Spohn panhard bar with the Delsphere joints. For the first few months I had a lot of clunks and noise from them and It was my fault, I went and tightened the joints pretty tight and now the bar is perfect. I suspect that those people were not tightening the joint enough. I have been running the bar without problems for 3 months now.BBC2508A-DA80-4BC5-A329-3DF4EC5D1983.JPG

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gmartin1215 I have the Spohn panhard bar with the Delsphere joints. For the first few months I had a lot of clunks and noise from them and It was my fault, I went and tightened the joints pretty tight and now the bar is perfect. I suspect that those people were not tightening the joint enough. I have been running the bar without problems for 3 months now.View attachment 305148
Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts