Sound issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting very low sound coming from both passenger side speakers, door and rear. I've plugged in good speakers on those sides and they sound fine. Could something have happened to blow both on the same side like that or just bad luck? Also I replaced the head unit and soldered in a new harness, previous spices were twisted wire and elec tape, and still have the same issue that I thought was due to poor splicing. When I push the head unit all the way in until it clicks into place, the speaks will get staticky and volume drops a bit. I checked and I'm not pinching anything and moving the wires around doesn't reproduce it. It's weird. One more thing, the preamps for the subs on this stereo are in a location that when plugged in the stereo will not fit. Can I remove some of the plastic at the far back of the dash?

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's possible with the rear speakers but I moved them around put known good on them and it sounded fine so I'm sure it's the speakers. I just ordered some polks. Not gonna worry about the rear for now. I'm a little concerned about how the sound gets ****** when I push the stereo all the way in.

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok sounds silly but if you have rear radio controls on the back of your center consul make sure the power is off on my 02 kon if its on it lowers the volume to the door speakers.
other than that check you're connections. Also check balance on the new HU.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New head unit so no factory amp, no rear audio and it must be broken wire inside insulation. I might just run new speaker wire to doors.

Migo713

Reaction score
Meter the the wires at the harness to see the impedence on the speakers should read 4 or 2 ohms depending on your speakers if not the yeah somewhere the wiring has a break or something. Have you already tested the speaker outputs on the deck directly to make sure they're good

Mondo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New head unit so no factory amp, no rear audio and it must be broken wire inside insulation. I might just run new speaker wire to doors.

This is not true to an extent. All he has to do disconnect the pink wire from the harness thats all crutchfield told me to do with my install and it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoesb4tows

Latest posts