SOLVED - Automatic climate control/Blower Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the climate control module because some of the lights were gone. Now I can`t get the blower motor to work. I have programmed the new module. (Putting it in auto, ignition off, pulling fuse, starting car, turning off and on ignition in all the right steps). i tried installing the old control module. I have checked the blower motor and it starts when I give it power. I Replaced the blower motor resistor as I thought it was broken since it gets power and the blower motor does not. Still doesn`t work. Noticed today it had all these fault codes listed in the pictures. Any idea what it could be? I bought this car one year ago and haven't driven it since i bought it, so not 100% certain that the blower motor was blowing air before replacing the control module.

Attachments

• DSC_0477.JPG
    DSC_0477.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0478.JPG
    DSC_0478.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0479.JPG
    DSC_0479.JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 7

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF from Colorado!

Is the HVAC head intentionally set to Celsius? Are the HVAC fuses good? If you have rear heat there will be two in the underhood electrical center. There is also one in the instrument panel fuse block (in the cab).

OP
OP
B

Bullitt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found the problem... There was an extra socket behind the new module covered by tape.... Somehow I did not see it. I noticed the old module had it. But somehow I put the connector into the harness for the double din radio, so I thougt there was not supposed to be a connector to it....

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stuff happens!
Yup. It does... Like the passenger side rear parking brake cable I thought was so simple, I never took a photo of the before. When it came to attach the cable to the actuator... Do you think I could remember how it was supposed to go back on? NOooooo. Then @Fless bailed my butt out of that jam late on a Sunday night.

While I don't always follow my own advice, I try (when I am not underestimating my memory recall abilities) to take a bunch of photos of things just in case of a brain fart.

I can't tell you how glad I am for you, that your fix was an easy solution that did not cost you any extra money and did not require sending to a shop. Total WIN in my books!!!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the solution to your issue. Our collective knowledge base has been increased.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice to begin troubleshooting from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401