So, this is what my '09 Tahoe looks like currently...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

It's been a while since I've posted here, mainly because there was really nothing new happening with my Tahoe. But since losing air in two of my tires due to their wheel's chrome pitting at the beads, and since the wheels being discontinued (and me not wanting to go aftermarket), and since always liking the current body style black wheels since they came out, my truck trunk has indeed changed some.

The truck isn't clean in the first two pics (and it hasn't been sunny since washing it), but you get the idea.

IMG_4245.jpg
IMG_4243.jpg
IMG_4263.jpg
IMG_4266.jpg

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, folks. Happy New Year, all!

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

It's been a while since I've posted here, mainly because there was really nothing new happening with my Tahoe. But since losing air in two of my tires due to their wheel's chrome pitting at the beads, and since the wheels being discontinued (and me not wanting to go aftermarket), and since always liking the current body style black wheels since they came out, my truck trunk has indeed changed some.

The truck isn't clean in the first two pics (and it hasn't been sunny since washing it), but you get the idea.

View attachment 237516
View attachment 237517
View attachment 237518
View attachment 237519

Happy New year to you too!
Thats a MY T FYNE looking truck... I'm still looking for one of similar vintage.- not black though..- had my fill of dark colored trucks. I love the way she sits currently.. Do you think that current setup is too low for towing anything? Don't know where your located, but do you have to deal with snow? I mean it's not too high and it's not too low... Comfort? decent ride? soft n comfy? Not familiar with lowering.. i assume that the ride is the same ?
Thanks.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks phenomenal. I have the same wheels with Michelins on my wife's silver Yukon. The brakes definitely set it off, I'd love to do those on my truck.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in eastern PA. Yes, we get snow here, and the truck does great in it. (The streets get plowed in a reasonable amount of time here, though, so I'm usually not worried about being able to get through it. That's what the Wrangler is for.) Not sure about towing, but I've got autoride on the truck, and I'm guessing I could adjust the links to support towing (if the current settings are sufficient already). The ride is pretty similar to stock. In fact, I'd say that it's really only the 22"s vs 20"s that change the ride feel the most. But there's no bounce, or chop... It's pretty darn smooth.

Thanks!

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in eastern PA. Yes, we get snow here, and the truck does great in it. (The streets get plowed in a reasonable amount of time here, though, so I'm usually not worried about being able to get through it. That's what the Wrangler is for.) Not sure about towing, but I've got autoride on the truck, and I'm guessing I could adjust the links to support towing (if the current settings are sufficient already). The ride is pretty similar to stock. In fact, I'd say that it's really only the 22"s vs 20"s that change the ride feel the most. But there's no bounce, or chop... It's pretty darn smooth.

Thanks!

Long Island here.... We get snow but i think you guys get more- Bigger Deer too!
Thanks for the reply. She looks exactly how i would rig mine- when i get it. The only thing is that i have a small 11ft boat(ok bathtub that floats) and my jet ski. I used to camp- so i wont rule out getting a small travel trailer also. I'm sure that something like this there wont have any issue. Some of the guys in my Group tow their skis with vehicles lower than yours so again i think i'm going to be good.
You anywhere near Pottsville? I think it's Schuylkill county.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Good choice. Yes, the big brakes give it that extra clean look. Great brakes too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts