So, that's how you get oil residue in your TB!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?! REALLY!?!
I was checking for positive crankcase information on my '01 Yukon, with a 6.0l, when I saw a vacuum hose running from the right valve cover to the Throttle Body. So, if the intake manifold is drawing air through the pcv valve and crankcase, doesn't it make sense that it would be taking air from the Throttle Body passage? This is really confusing.

Any discussion?

EJ

OP
OP
P

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking into making my own catch can. However, that won't stop the TB from drawing an air/oil vapor from the right valve cover.

What's the purpose of that, anyway?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the catch can goes in the line from the right valve cover to stop all oil from entering your manifold.

OP
OP
P

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the catch can goes in the line from the right valve cover to stop all oil from entering your manifold.

Uh, don't you mean LEFT valve cover. PCV valve is on the left/"Driver's" side.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. We were thinking of different orientations. I sawwy, disregard my comments lol.

OP
OP
P

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. We were thinking of different orientations. I sawwy, disregard my comments lol.

That's what I thought.

No prob.

Also, I was wondering if that port on the TB could be used for an entry point if spraying Sea Foam? :hmmm2:

EJ

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They sell this long straw thing that has a bunch or holes on the sides and that how you are supposed to spray sea foam into these motors.

OP
OP
P

PlazaEJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, right. I've tried that stupid tube. It's a colossal PITA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia