So i started to install my lift kit today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhhhhhhh.... Lets just say nothing goes as planned

got all of the old bolts out of the body mounts besides one, the rear pass. Side it snapped now im trying to figure out how the hell me and my dad are going to get something to thread into.... Figures, started at like 10am this morning stopped at 6 and only got the pass. Side done besides the back one.... Gonna have fun tomorrow i guess

what would happen if i just left that back body mount out? It didnt seem to wobble or anything like that after the truck was lowered would it mess anything up? Until i paint next month i can cut out a spot and get a bolt behind but dont feel like doing it right now at my dads

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was missing a body mount for a while and my truck rode like shit. Every time I hit bumps the whole truck felt like it would rattle around way more than it should. I checked the front end and suspension over and over and could never figure out why it rode like shit then my buddy noticed the body mount was missing. We replaced it and it made a huge difference. I would fix that thing asap if I were you.

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ya we found a spot we can cut out and get a bolt up in there so were goign to try that, so far everything going better on the dr side this morning,

question

it says to notch the fan shroud??? what exactlty to i have to notch on it???

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

Update!!!

Got the broken bolt fixed and the lift is installed just gotta put back together my mess and lengthen my fuel filler hose!!!!

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifted!!!!!!!

And i love it!!!!

Attachments

• 0221001359.jpg
    0221001359.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 0221001341.jpg
    0221001341.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 78

boble94

GM All The Way!
Reaction score
how many inches man?
and, did you do it by yourself?
looks good.
plann on doing it this summer.
is it just a body lift?

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3" BODY LIFT KIT FROM PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES
me and my dad did it. started on a saturday around 10am, and probaly would of had it finished in one day (with air tools) but the pass. side rear snapped and took us a long ass time to drill it out and find a way to get a bolt up top. but we finished about 2pm sunday

wasnt bad at all, just watch them rear mounts when you do it and try not to snap them!!!!!!

went well and i love how it looks i cant wait to put the 28s on and see how it looks after the lift now

boble94

GM All The Way!
Reaction score
nice man. it looks alot higher than factory and i think factory height were a little low. so how did you lift the body to put in the mounts, blocks, bushings, or whatever they are called to raise it? lol.

99Yukon_Z71

Crazy Puerto Rican
Reaction score
Unless you have a hydraulic lift to evenly lift the whole truck, it is recommended to raise one side at a time while leaving the bolts in on the side that is not being lifted, so the body does not fall off the chassis. It isnt that hard, just time consuming.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good...way to go. we did mine in two days as well. could have had it done in one day but stopped

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i loosened all the body mounts then started on the pass. side

the kit came with full instructions, some thing arent described well but you figure it out after looking at the stuff.

ya just do pass side then drivers side then put it back together heres some pics of while it was in progress!!!

the second pic is where we had to get a hole in the back where the mount broke so that we could get a nut/lock washer up in there

its ok ill have my amigo at work weld in some metal when it goes to paint within the next few weeks :)

figures i left all of my new headlights/ clear light kit at my house and did this at my dads when i had the grill off... oh well ill wait til paint to put them on i guess lol

oh and we just used a hydraulic jack with a bunch of cut up 2x4s, probally like 6 of em i think to end up getting it to go high enough to get the blocks in, not very hard though it went well besides the one mount breaking

Attachments

• 0220001156.jpg
    0220001156.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 0221001019.jpg
    0221001019.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member