Skid Plates for our GMT900s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nm. I found it on eBay, they're around $230. They sure look nice, but that's over my budget for now. I wish there was something with a similar design - it's similar to the plastic splash-guard's shape - but not so $$$.

OP
OP
T

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nm. I found it on eBay, they're around $230. They sure look nice, but that's over my budget for now. I wish there was something with a similar design - it's similar to the plastic splash-guard's shape - but not so $$$.

I paid about that. Yeah its a bit $$. Great build quality and at least I don't have to worry about cracking the plastic one again!

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid about that. Yeah its a bit $$. Great build quality and at least I don't have to worry about cracking the plastic one again!

Yeah, it's an upgrade from plastic.

I ordered the two other plates, and some bolts. For the transfer case plate, are there pre-existing holes in the cross-member, or will I need to drill & tap them myself? @Geoffsfas10

Reaction score
Yeah, it's an upgrade from plastic.

I ordered the two other plates, and some bolts. For the transfer case plate, are there pre-existing holes in the cross-member, or will I need to drill & tap them myself? @Geoffsfas10
The holes are there, just needs threads. I used one of the front plastic splash shield bolts to cut the threads then used store bought yellow zinc plated bolts. The factory self tapping bolts are pricey, unless you grab some off a vehicle at the scrap yard

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The holes are there, just needs threads. I used one of the front plastic splash shield bolts to cut the threads then used store bought yellow zinc plated bolts. The factory self tapping bolts are pricey, unless you grab some off a vehicle at the scrap yard

I have a tap in that size. I also bought a 10-pack of bolts, so I can turn one of those into a ghetto-tap of I need to.

Are the factory self-tappers tri-lobed?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Z71 pieces are typically twice that amount.

Reaction score
I have a tap in that size. I also bought a 10-pack of bolts, so I can turn one of those into a ghetto-tap of I need to.

Are the factory self-tappers tri-lobed?
Not sure off hand.

When I bought my shields I was going to order factory bolts too, but they were about $7-8 each. I didn't want to spend $60 on 8 bolts, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076